- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 11 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:David_Marlon. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/David_Marlon, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/David_Marlon.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Marlon is the co-founder of Solutions Recovery drug and alcohol treatment center in Las Vegas, accredited by the national non-profit healthcare organization The Joint Commission. Marlon served as Vice President of Nevada for American Addiction Centers until 2019 when he decided to run for office in Las Vegas, Nevada. He has served on the Nevada Attorney General's Substance Abuse Working Group, the Nevada Governor’s Rural Meth Action Team, and the Board of Trustees for H.E.L.P. of Southern Nevada.
In 2017, Marlon was elected President of the State of Nevada Association for Addiction Professionals (SNAAP). He has received the City of Las Vegas Mayor’s Commendation and received the Community Counseling Center of Southern Nevada’s Vanguard Award in 2014. According to MyVegas Magazine, David was one of the Top 100 Men of Las Vegas, in 2016 and he was interviewed by The Las Vegas Legal Magazine Podcast in 2018.
Marlon was added to the Las Vegas HEALS Board of Directors in 2018, and was announced as one of the 7th annual "Inspired Excellence in Healthcare Awards" Honorees. The award ceremony recognizes healthcare leaders who have set a high standard for the healthcare community in Southern Nevada.
In 2013, Marlon joined Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Group; George Papandreou, former prime minister of Greece; Ethan Nadelmann, founder of the Drug Policy Alliance, to discuss the War on Drugs within the U.S. borders, and cannabis' involvement in policy, incarceration, and addiction prevention. The panel was specifically debating U.S. drug policy at the Starbridge Capital Alternatives Conference, a high-level investment event that brings in top names in business, government, and politics to discuss issues leading to wise investment decisions, which took place in Las Vegas, Nevada. 
Marlon ran for City Council office in Ward 1 of Las Vegas, Nevada during the Spring of 2019 and did not make it past the first round of voting. It was his first run for office; he ran on the platform of addressing and treating addiction and other factors that he believes influence homelessness, joblessness, and incarceration rates in the Las Vegas Valley. 
- "David Marlon: Solutions Recovery, Inc.". https://www.nevadabusiness.com/2015/02/david-marlon-president-solutions-recovery-inc/.
- "U.S. Journal Training". https://www.usjt.com/WritersDetailPage.aspx?pageid=1567&LangType=1033&id=15032386815.
- "Despite Flashy Image, Does Las Vegas Have A Drinking Problem?". https://knpr.org/knpr/2017-12/despite-flashy-image-does-las-vegas-have-drinking-problem.
- Lazara, Gina (14 December 2017). "Overdose reversal drug, Narcan, now available at Walgreens". https://www.ktnv.com/news/overdose-reversal-drug-narcan-now-available-at-walgreens.
- Alvaranga, Shakala (11 November 2017). "The Opioid epidemic hits home for many". http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/the-opioid-epidemic-hits-home-for-many/846193323.
- "Rehab center president: Getting sober is different in Las Vegas". 15 February 2015. https://vegasinc.lasvegassun.com/business/2015/feb/15/his-mission-help-people-get-their-lives-back/.
- "About - Solutions Recovery". https://www.solutions-recovery.com/about/.
- "American Addiction Centers Grows Las Vegas Market with Key Leadership". https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-addiction-centers-grows-las-160000931.html.
- Boucher, Mario (21 February 2018). "Staying Hydrated in Detoxification Key, Especially for Athletes, Experts Say • Addiction Now - Substance Abuse, Drug Addiction and Recovery News Source". https://www.drugaddictionnow.com/2018/02/21/staying-hydrated-in-detoxification-key/.
- "Help of Southern Nevada". http://www.helpsonv.org/about_us-board.php.
- "State of Nevada Association for Addiction Professionals". http://www.snaap.net/.
- "David Marlon Elected President of State of Nevada Association of Addiction Professionals". https://finance.yahoo.com/news/david-marlon-elected-president-state-171100085.html.
- Woman, LV (20 September 2014). "Community Counseling Center of Southern Nevada’s Bite at the Museum". http://lvwomanmagazine.com/events/community-counseling-center-of-southern-nevadas-bite-at-the-museum/.
- Solutions, BannerView.com E-Business. "2016 Top 100 Men of the Year - MYVEGAS Magazine". https://www.myvegasmag.com/blog/article/BOSVIEW/2016-Top-100-Men-Year/.
- "MYVEGAS Fall 2016". https://issuu.com/myvegasmag.com/docs/my_vegas_fall_web_book_1_/32.
- "Ls Vegas Legal Magazine with Special Guest David Marlon". http://vegaslegalmagazine.libsyn.com/special-guest-david-marlon-from-solutions-recovery.
- "Las Vegas HEALS Board of Directors". https://www.lasvegasheals.org/about-us/board-of-directors//.
- "Las Vegas HEALS Award Honorees". https://www.lasvegasheals.org/las-vegas-heals-announces-inspired-excellence-in-healthcare-award-honorees/.
- Velotta, Richard (May 7, 2015). "Branson argues for end to the war on drugs". The Las Vegas Review-Journal. https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/branson-argues-for-end-to-the-war-on-drugs/. Retrieved 2019-05-05.
- Johnson, Shea (January 7, 2019). "Addiction recovery advocate to run for Las Vegas City Council". The Las Vegas Review-Journal. https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/politics-and-government/las-vegas/addiction-recovery-advocate-to-run-for-las-vegas-city-council-1567762/. Retrieved 2019-05-05.