- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 13 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Dennis_Lewin. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dennis_Lewin, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dennis_Lewin.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2014)
BLP sources Template:Autobiography
Dennis Lewin (born August 15, 1959, Cleveland, Ohio) is an American songwriter, musician, and radio talk show host, best known in the 1980s for his work with the rock band "Beau Coup" writing and producing the album Born and Raised on Rock and Roll and most currently (1998–present) as a classical radio talk show host on WCLV, WXGR and Radio Arts Indonesia.
Dennis Lewin, born to Ellis Lewin and Joan Lewin is the middle child of three siblings including Ricky and Debi. He started piano at the age of 4 under the teaching of his grandfather, concert pianist Joseph Lewin  who along with Lewin's father survived the Holocaust, including Auschwitz and Dachau concentration camps. At age 6, Lewin began studying classical piano with Margaret Heller, an alumni teacher from The Cleveland Institute of Music. After Heller’s retirement 4 years later, Lewin auditioned for concert pianist and teacher Dr. Andrius Kuprevičius at The Cleveland Music School Settlement. He remained with Dr. Kuprevicious for 9 years. When Kuprevicious became the head of the piano department at Cleveland State University, Lewin followed and also majored in musical theory with Dr Heywood Alexander.
After Jonah Koslen and the Heroes disbanded, Lewin teamed up with singers Frank Amato and Tommy Amato and bassist Bill March to put together the Cleveland band, Beau Coup.
At the age of 24 Lewin signed his first recording contract with Scotti Brothers Records / CBS records for the debut album Beau Coup  for which he wrote all songs and lyrics. Two years later after struggling with the record label, Lewin and Beau Coup produced their album with Amherst / A&M Records.
After the band officially disbanded in the 1990s, Lewin went on to open his own piano studio which is still operating in Beachwood, Ohio.
Aside from being characters in 2 books by author Les Roberts titled “Indian Sign” and “The Best Kept Secret”  and appearing in the book “Flashbacks to Happiness": "Eighties Music Revisited” by Randolph Michaels (ISBN 978-0595370078) and the book “Rock & Roll and the Cleveland Connection” by Deanna Adams (ISBN 978-0873386913), Lewin released a solo piano CD called “Crossing Chagrin” which contains the music of J.S. Bach, Scarlatti, Debussy, Satie, Andrew Lloyd Weber and others.
Lewin also is credited for the music on the soundtrack to the independent film “Filmic Achievement” written and directed by Kevin Kerwin. The film won “Best Director” at The Stratford-Upon-Avon International Film Festival and “Best Feature Film” at The Nolita Film Festival in New York City. “Filmic Achievement” was also featured in 12 other international film festivals including The Cleveland International Film Festival.
In addition to performing with bands, teaching, writing music, and hosting his radio programs, Lewin is a solo pianist and performs regularly in the greater Cleveland area and northeastern Ohio, sometimes with his sister the vocalist Debi Lewin.
Lewin also donates his time as a regular pianist for 11:00 A.M. WTAM's "Mike Trivisonno's" "Coats for Kid's Concert"  Since that initial campaign, more than $3.25 million has been raised for the poor children of Northeastern Ohio over the last several years.
Beau Coup Band
Beau Coup began in the early 1980s when Tommy Amato was recording demos at Agency Recording Studio upstairs of The Cleveland Agora with drummer, Eric Singer (Black Sabbath, Kiss) and Mike McGuill guitars. Amato asked friend, keyboardist and songwriter Lewin, then of Jonah Koslen and the Heroes, if he would come upstairs and listen to what they were doing while Lewin was playing a "Monday Night Out" at the Cleveland Agora with Koslen.
After liking what he heard, Lewin wrote a batch of songs at that point, including "Still In My Heart" and "Somewhere Out in the Night". With help from Henry LoConti, Sr., Henry LoConti, Jr. and the "Agora Record Label", Beau Coup put together an EP of 5 songs and released "Still In My Heart" as the first single. 98.5 WGCL's WNCX General Manager Kim Colebrook and Program Directors, Bob Travis and Tom Jefferies, loved the song "Still In My Heart" and it became a top 10 record on the station. Eventually CBS, Scotti Brothers Records released their music. Soon after that, USA WMMS took great interest in Beau Coup inviting them to participate in station events. (ISBN 978-1886228474)
The Beau Coup "Born and Raised on Rock and Roll" album, CD, and cassette were finally released on the Amherst label.
The group reached the peak of their popularity nationally in the 1980s after the release of their album “Born and Raised on Rock and Roll".
The song “Sweet Rachel” written by Lewin reached #80 on the “Billboard Hot 100”  singles chart and received much radio and video play internationally. Other Lewin Songs including “Still in my Heart”, “Somewhere Out in the Night”  and “Born and Raised on Rock and Roll”  were all picked by Billboard as “Hot Picks”  along with a video that was played on video shows in the US and abroad, including MTV and USA Video Hits.
Beau Coup Personnel
- Tim Pierce – guitar
- Paul Sidoti - guitar (The Raspberries) ((Taylor Swift))
- Don Krueger - drummer (The Eric Carmen Band), (The Euclid Beach Band)
- Eric Singer - drummer (KISS (band)) 
- Jimmy Clark - drummer (The All Sports Band)
- Dennis Lewin - keyboards
- Billy Sullivan – guitar (The Raspberries) (Gary Lewis and the Playboys)
- Danny Powers – guitar
- Mike McGill – guitar
- John Franks - drummer
- Steve Schufert – guitar
- Rodney Psyka - percussionist and vocalist
- Debi Lewin - vocalist
“The Dennis Lewin Radio Program”  "Turning You Onto Classical Music" which was heard first on A.M. 1300 WERE Cleveland, 1420 WHK A.M. Cleveland and 1070 KNTH A.M. Houston Texas is now heard on "F.M. 104.9 WCLV Ideastream" Lorain - Cleveland on Sunday afternoons from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM and on F.M. 103.5 WXGR" New Hampshire  on Sunday mornings from 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. and heard daily on Radio Arts Indonesia. During these programs Lewin discusses the lives and music of classical composers and musicians.
- "The Dennis Lewin Radio Program". Ideastream.org. http://www.ideastream.org/wclv/entry/53967/%20WCLV%20104.9%20FM. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "The Dennis Lewin Radio Program". WXGR. http://www.wxgrfm.org/site/programs/lewin/13. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "Holocaust Survivor Ellis Lewin Testimony". YouTube. 2009-01-30. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyLdFjn4m3I%20Ellis. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- Betz, Lindsay, Sun News, Music is a family affair for the Lewins, June 17, 2010 at 12:49 PM
- Jonah Koslen and the Heroes
- Beau Coup Official Website
- Dennis Lewin Interviews
- "Images for Beau Coup - Born & Raised (On Rock & Roll)". Discogs.com. http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=3438259. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- Les Roberts
- "Crossing Chagrin". Dennislewinmusic.com. http://www.dennislewinmusic.com/CrossingChagrin.htm. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- Marinka Ishihara (2005-03-19). "Fast Download Filmic Achievement BDRip 1080p | Ikipomovie". Ikipomovie.blogspot.com. http://ikipomovie.blogspot.com/2013/06/fast-download-filmic-achievement-bdrip.html. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- WTAM Coats for Kids
- "Highlights of the 7th Annual Triv's Vegas Show". WTAM. 2011-12-14. http://www.wtam.com/pages/coatsforkids/. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "Fact Check for Wikipedia". Dennislewinmusic.com. http://www.dennislewinmusic.com/Wiki2.htm. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- (ISBN 978-1886228474) Gorman, John. The Buzzard: Inside the Glory Days of WMMS and Cleveland Rock Radio--a Memoir. p. 262. http://books.google.com/books?id=OBTxgRf-BrQC&pg=PA262&lpg=PA262&dq=wmms+beau+coup&source=bl&ots=dpDGrwucC0&sig=HmWvC6EAuTb-6GL-av42wLmPMmI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=SVD9Us_TC4fuyQGO04CwBg&ved=0CFUQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=wmms%20beau%20coup&f=false.
- Billboard Hot 100
- Still In My Heart Video
- Somewhere Out In The Night release
- Born and Raised on Rock and Roll Video
- "Wiki2". Dennislewinmusic.com. http://www.dennislewinmusic.com/Wiki2.htm. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "Beau Coup - Sweet Rachel". YouTube. 2008-04-04. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM9Fo6VB6dI. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- Rock 'N' Roll and the Cleveland Connection, By Deanna R. Adams
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame hosts tribute to late Plain Dealer rock critic Jane Scott
- Jane Scott Memorial
- Applause For Jane Scott, Legendary Plain Dealer Music Critic, Remembered At Rock Hall Tribute, The Rolling Stones Music
- Clevescene RIP Jane Scott
- Washington, Julie. Dennis Lewin's classical-music radio show jumps stations "The Plain Dealer" July 30, 2008 at 3:57 PM, updated July 30, 2008 at 4:07 PM
- Yaroborough, Chuck. Chuck Berry: One of the wild, original architects of rock -- 2012 American Music Masters "The Plain Dealer" October 21, 2012 at 6:00 AM, updated October 21, 2012 at 7:45 AM
- Michaels, Randolph (2005). Flashbacks to happiness : eighties music revisited. Lincoln, NE: iUniverse. pp. 365–369. ISBN 0595370071. http://books.google.com/books?id=fWAAm34yCpYC&pg=PA365&lpg=PA365&dq=Flashbacks+to+happiness+:+eighties+music+revisited+lewin&source=bl&ots=DjEANaNNtc&sig=3D4cg4nGD4OPF8J1l7wF7ZesSLI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=iB_9UouIKqGwygGq6YDQAw&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Flashbacks%20to%20happiness%20%3A%20eighties%20music%20revisited%20lewin&f=false.
- Adams, Deanna. Rock 'N' Roll and the Cleveland Connection. pp. 418, 428–429, 567. http://books.google.com/books?id=LBCZvsVKomwC&pg=PA429&dq=Rock+'N'+Roll+and+the+Cleveland+Connection+lewin&hl=en&sa=X&ei=USD9UsPrH4mMyQHnvYCgCw&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Rock%20'N'%20Roll%20and%20the%20Cleveland%20Connection%20lewin&f=false.
- Heaton, Michael. Kiss drummer Eric Singer: Heavy metal hometown hero "The Plain Dealer" September 12, 2012 at 6:00 AM
- KISS Drummer Eric Singer
- WCLV FM 104.9 Ideastream Lorain - Cleveland
- WXGR FM 103.5 New Hampshire