- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 27 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Distributed_(company). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Distributed_(company), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Distributed_(company).
Distributed is a London-based startup that provides a marketplace for businesses to work with remote freelancers in fields such as software development, big data, and design.
The firm bases its product on the idea that skilled talent pools in technology fields are far outstripped by the need for qualified personnel. Furthermore, as CEO Callum Adamson notes, technology and automation will not solve these shortages, as “relevant skills and teams capable of working in blended, cross-industry disciplines are required for agencies to thrive during this evolution of the marketing industry".
Through its Elastic Team platform, customers can give a brief description of the specific job they need to be accomplished. Then, Distributed combines machine-learning technology with a worldwide network of tech talent to create and manage project teams. As such, the firm is attempting to provide scalability to large and small tech companies without the overhead costs.
The London, UK-based company was founded in 2017 by professional musician Callum Adamson and Sam Rowlands. In the first year after its launch, the firm gained over 50 clients, including Mastercard, Sytner Group, Heron AI, REISS, and RBS, which led to revenues of over £1 million. In 2019, the company secured £1.65 million in seed funding, including a significant investment by Fuel Ventures, a European early-stage venture capital fund. Distributed plans on using the seed funding to scale up its London offices, projecting a 600% increase in its UK team.
- at 09:04, Rachel Willcox 27 Jul 2017. "You need to assemble a crack AI team: Where do you even start?" (in en). https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/07/27/assembling_an_ai_team/.
- "Digital Skills Gap Putting Marketing Agencies at Risk". http://digitalmarketingmagazine.co.uk/digital-marketing-features/digital-skills-gap-putting-marketing-agencies-at-risk.
- Loritz, Mary. "London-based tech recruiting platform Distributed raises €1.7 million seed round | EU-Startups" (in en-US). https://www.eu-startups.com/2019/02/london-based-tech-recruiting-platform-distributed-raises-e1-7-million-seed-round/.
- "London HR tech startup Distributed that uses AI to source talents gets fresh seed funding of €1.7M" (in en-US). 2019-02-06. https://siliconcanals.com/news/startups/hr-recruitment/london-hr-tech-startup-distributed-that-uses-ai-to-source-talents-gets-fresh-seed-funding-of-e1-7m/.
- FinSMEs (2019-02-05). "Distributed Raises £1.5M in Seed Funding" (in en-US). http://www.finsmes.com/2019/02/distributed-raises-1-5m-in-seed-funding.html.
- "AI start-up plans to grow team by 600 per cent" (in en). https://www.businesscloud.co.uk/news/ai-start-up-plans-to-grow-team-by-600-per-cent.
- This page could use some categorization… if it was still on Wikipedia. On Deletionpedia.org, we don't really care so much.