Dr. Idupuganti Bhooshana Rao
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 27 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Dr._Idupuganti_Bhooshana_Rao. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dr._Idupuganti_Bhooshana_Rao, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dr._Idupuganti_Bhooshana_Rao.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article does not need additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (August 2015)
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (August 2015)
Idupuganti Bhooshana Rao (6 January 1914 - 3 May 1976) was the Doyen of Forensic Medicine in India. He was the Founder-Secretary of the Medico-legal Society of Hyderabad in 1952 and the Founder-President of the Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine established in 1972.  He was born in Dornakal, Andhra Pradesh(now Telangana), India.
He obtained his M.B.B.S degree in 1940, M.D (Pathology) in 1945 from the Andhra Medical College, Vishakapatnam. Later he underwent postgraduate training in the United Kingdom with a Colombo Plan Fellowship in 1956.
- He served as Professor and Head of Forensic Medicine at Madras Medical College and Stanley Medical College and City Police Surgeon, Osmania Medical College, Superintendent of Police Hospital and City Police Surgeon.
- Post-graduate Professor of the upgraded Department of Forensic Medicine, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- After retirement from Government service, he served as Professor and Head, Department of Forensic Medicine, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum (Karnataka) from 15-7-1974 till he passed away on 3-5-1976 at Hyderabad, while he was on a visit to conduct a post-graduate examination.
Famous murder cases
Among his notable cases were the Deendayal Upadhyaya case, Indraprastha Estate case, Lajpatnagar Police Station case, Meena Tandon case  and the Tank Bund Double Murder Case. He was also asked by the Government of India to investigate the untimely demise of Lal Bahadur Shastri, then Prime Minister of India.
He was the first Director of the combined Department of Medical and Health Services, Government of Andhra Pradesh (16-8-1967 to 27-4-1970). It was during his stewardship that the family planning programme in Andhra Pradesh made steady progress.  
He was deputed in 1970 to the Ministry of Health and Family Planning, Government of India at New Delhi as Deputy Commissioner (Technical Operations) and retired in 1972. 
- Member of the Technical Committee, Department of Family Planning, Ministry of Health.
- Member Central Advisory Committee of Forensic Sciences, Ministry of Home Affairs and Member of the Central Medico-legal Advisory Committee of Forensic Sciences, Ministry of Health. 
- Chief Editor, Journal of the Indian Academy of Forensic Sciences (1962–66). 
- Founder-President of the Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine, bringing together for the first time doctors, scientists, lawyers, criminologists and judges in a professional forum. 1972- 1976.
- The Deccan Club instituted an annual bridge tournament for the Dr. I. Bhooshana Rao Memorial Trophy to commemorate his memory.
- Medico-legal Problems, revised chapter on Sexual Offences in J.P. Modi's Medical Jurisprudence(1959).
- Survey Report on medico-legal practices in India (co-author, published by Directorate of Health Services, Government of India, 1964).
- Fire arms and fire arm injuries (with M. Jauhari and M.N. Supanekar, published by Government of India, 1965).
- "Governing Council ( 1972-1976). Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine". http://iafmonline.in/data/governing-council/previous/previous.pdf. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- "The Department of Forensic Medicine. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Karnataka". http://www.educationinfoindia.com/medical/b_jnminfra.htm. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "The CBI:In Service of the Nation". http://cbi.nic.in/coffeetable/7.pdf. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Chandrachud, Y V. Report Regarding the Facts and Circumstances Relating to the Death of Shri Deen Dayal Upadhyaya. New Delhi: Ministry of Home Affairs, 1970. Print.".
- "Meena Tandon Case". http://indiankanoon.org/doc/1453519/. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "Mahmood bin muhammad. (1999). A Policeman Ponders: Memories and Melodies of a Varied Life. (1st ed.). New Delhi: APH Publishing.pp 115-118.". https://books.google.co.in/books?id=vlFwuITRF2wC&pg=PA116&dq=police+i+bhooshan+rao&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDUQ6AEwBWoVChMIn9CDzoO9xwIVDhuOCh3f5QTG#v=onepage&q=i%20bhooshan%20rao&f=false. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Journal of the Indian Academy of Forensic Sciences, Volume 16. 1977". https://books.google.co.in/books?id=yyorAQAAMAAJ&q=bhooshana+rao+forensic&dq=bhooshana+rao+forensic&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAGoVChMI-4Ghs-OwxwIV022OCh0HTghR. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Family Planning News, Volume 11, Issues 1-11. Directorate General of Health Services, 1970 - Birth control". https://books.google.co.in/books?id=tUQqAAAAMAAJ&q=i.bhooshana+rao&dq=i.bhooshana+rao&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CBsQ6AEwADgKahUKEwisgtyz-rrHAhWG1I4KHWsgArU. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Centre Calling. Volume 7. India Dept. of Family Planning.1972". https://www.google.co.in/search?q=i.bhooshanarao&btnG=Search+Books&tbm=bks&tbo=1#tbm=bks&q=i.bhooshana+rao. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "SURVEY COMMITTEE REPORT ON MEDICO-LEGAL PRACTICES IN INDIA 1964". http://reconstructiveandinvestigativefm.20m.com/survey%20committee%20report%20details.htm. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Indian Academy of Forensic Sciences.". https://www.facebook.com/pages/Indian-Academy-of-Forensic-Sciences/319739194723558?v=info&tab=page_info. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Deccan Club.". http://www.deccanclub.com/aboutus. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- "Notes and References.Use of Firearms and Their Control: A Critique, in Special Reference to Assam". https://books.google.co.in/books?id=AH3N-TYRlGEC&pg=PA88&dq=I.+Bhooshana+Rao,+M.+Jauhari+and+N.+M.+Supanekar,+Firearms+and+Firearm+Injuries&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB8QuwUwAGoVChMI0oOd9uWwxwIVicSOCh1lIwLl#v=onepage&q=I.%20Bhooshana%20Rao%2C%20M.%20Jauhari%20and%20N.%20M.%20Supanekar%2C%20Firearms%20and%20Firearm%20Injuries&f=false. Retrieved 17 August 2015.