Enjoy Life Foods
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 6 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Enjoy_Life_Foods. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Enjoy_Life_Foods, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Enjoy_Life_Foods.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (July 2010)
Enjoy Life Foods is an independently operated subsidiary of Mondelez International based in Chicago, Illinois that produces foods that are gluten-free and free from the top 8 most common allergens as defined by the FDA . All products are free from wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, and shellfish, and made in a dedicated nut- and gluten-free bakery in Jeffersonville, Indiana.
The company was co-founded by Scott Mandell and Bert Cohen in 2001 and sells its products in the United States, Canada, Australia, the UK, and online.
Enjoy Life Foods caters to individuals with dietary restrictions, such as Gluten-Free Diets and nut allergies. The company is gluten-free certified by the Gluten Free Certification Organization (GFCO), Kosher-certified by the Chicago Rabbinical Council (cRc), Halal-certified by Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA), and makes many products that are vegan friendly. In addition to its products, Enjoy Life Foods also offers resources for consumers to live a gluten-free and casein-free lifestyle.
The company was co-founded by Scott Mandell and Bert Cohen  as part of a class assignment for the MBA program at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. The company developed products and created a dedicated nut- and gluten-free bakery in Chicago, Illinois. In January 2006, the company received independent gluten-free certification for all of its products from the Gluten Free Certification Organization by following a 10 parts per million (ppm) standard for gluten.
Enjoy Life Foods initially launched with 12 items including cookies and snack bars to bagels. Since then, it has expanded to different foods including cookies, snack bars, trail mixes, chocolate bars, baking chocolate, baking mixes and lentil chips.
The company was in the Inc. magazine's 500/5000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies for three consecutive years starting in 2007. On February 16, 2015, Mondelez International acquired Enjoy Life Foods for an undisclosed amount.
Enjoy Life Foods has been featured on Food Network's "Unwrapped". The company was also briefly mentioned on ABC 7 Chicago in June 2010, and on Planet Green's "Emeril Green" with Celebrity Chef Emeril Lagasse[no citations needed here].
Scott Mandell was also named as one of Crain's 40 under 40 for 2008.
- "Enjoy Life Foods Responds to Chicago Tribune Story - Celiac Disease". 24 November 2008. http://celiac-disease.com/enjoy-life-foods-responds-to-chicago-tribune-story/. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- http://modern-baking.com/specialty_baking/mb_imp_14154 Modern Baking. Retrieved August 2010.
- "Our history". http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/meet_us/our_history.php. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- http://www.celiac.com/articles/971/1/Enjoy-Life-Natural-Foods-First-to-Carry-Gluten-Free-Food-Certification-GFCO-on-Products/Page1.html Adams, Scott. Celiac.com. Enjoy Life Natural Foods First to Carry Gluten-Free Food Certification (GFCO) on Products. Retrieved July, 2010.
- http://www.inc.com/inc5000/2009/company-profile.html?id=200908750 Inc. Retrieved July 2010.
- http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/unwrapped/Video of Food Network. Retrieved August 2010.
- "abc7chicago.com - ABC7 WLS Chicago and Chicago News". http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=7467370&pid=7467176. Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- http://www.chicagobusiness.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=9999100030865 Crain's Chicago Business.