- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 29 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Environics_Communications. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Environics_Communications, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Environics_Communications.
Environics Communications Inc. is a full-service, management-owned marketing communications and public affairs firm that builds integrated programs from digital to traditional for measurable results. Stewards to some of North America's most respected and well-known brands, Environics Communications builds multi-faceted communications programs from digital to traditional for measurable results. The firm's offices are located in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, and Washington, D.C. The staff totals over 130 people in both the United States and Canada and annual fee income of more than $16 million.
Environics Communications was founded in 1994 after Bruce MacLellan approached Michael Adams at Environics Research with the idea for the firm. MacLellan continues to serve as Chairman and CEO. The name Environics originates from a word coined in the late 1960s referring to the interaction between people and their immediate environment, be that urban, rural or other. Some say it was inspired by Marshall McLuhan. It is similar to ergonomics, a word coined around the same time in reference to the interaction between people and equipment.
Awards and Milestones
Environics Communications has a strong commitment to reducing environmental impact and in June 2008 became the first North American marketing agency to be carbon neutral. Environics worked with the Pembina Institute and followed a strict protocol to plan and execute its climate change strategy. Environics plans to continue to reduce its carbon footprint each year.
The firm has also won more than 240 awards for client work at the regional, national (Canadian Public Relations Society, CPRS) and international level (International Association of Business Communicators, IABC) for work with clients such as as Panasonic, Coca-Cola Ltd., The Globe and Mail, The Home Depot, Shoppers Drug Mart, SOCAN (The Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada), Revera, Kijiji, Stanfield’s, and White Ribbon, among others.
In May 2010, Environics won the Bobbie Resnick Philanthropy Award and was named Large Agency of the Year by IABC Toronto chapter in 2010, 2014 and 2015. In 2016, The Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) presented Bruce MacLellan, APR, FCPRS with the 2016 CPRS Award of Attainment during the 2016 World Public Relations Forum. MacLellan, Chairman and CEO of Environics Communications, was acknowledged for outstanding achievement and service in the public relations industry.
Ranking #1 on the Great Place to Work® 2010 list of Canada's 50 Best Workplaces, and ranking #6 on the Great Place to Work® 2016 list of Canada's Best Workplaces for Women, and #13 overall for workplaces, the firm is also strategic partner to the independently-owned WE Agency (formerly Waggener Edstrom) expanding their reach to more than 100 additional international markets. With a unique culture, Environics Communications always recognizes the milestones of employees including marriages, children and years of employment.
Environics Communications offers the full spectrum of integrated services, insights & skills within its core practices – Technology & Internet Services, Corporate and Financial, Consumer, Health & Wellness, Digital Services, Sustainability and Clean Energy practice and Government Relations.
Environics was also one of the first Toronto public relations agencies to add a Creative Director to their team, and have a full creative team as well. In 2016, Environics Communications produced their first television commercial.
Services provided by Environics include:
• Media relations • Influencer relations • Media training • Condition and Category education • Branding & brand building • Corporate communications • Issues / Crisis management • Digital monitoring, auditing and research • Social strategy development • Content creation and engagement strategy development • Video creation, editing and distribution • Website and app development • Community management • Stakeholder partnership identification and building • Coalition alliance building and management • Grassroots advocacy & training • Lobbying • Policy development • Patient advocacy
In 2016, Environics Communications published their inaugural CanTrust Index, a study of the levels of trust Canadians have in organizations, leaders and industry segments. It focuses on the general public, newcomers and primary household shoppers and was conducted to help companies reduce their corporate trust deficit.
The firm has also published several Corporate Social Responsibility reports, as well as the Modern Mom report (2013) which examined what Canadian moms value, who they trust and how they get their information. Environics Communications also has a company blog where various staff regularly post about current communications issues and trends.
- Laird, Kristin (February 2008). Marketing Magazine.
- Best Workplaces 2008, Great Places to Work Institute of Canada, published by the Globe and Mail, April 28, 2008
- Environics Communications tops 2010 best workplace in Canada list, April 2010. The Canadian Press
- Marr, Garry. "Paid time away from work: Priceless". Financial Post. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- Harris, Rebecca. “Environics and Paradigm lead the pack at Ovation Awards.” Marketing Magazine. May 27, 2014
- Staff Writer. “Awards: IABC Ovation Awards”. Adnews. May 28, 2015.
- Bradley, Diana. “Waggener Edstrom partners with Environics to reach sought-after Canadian market”. PR Week. June 2, 2015.
- MacLellan, Bruce. “Key Ingredients for a successful PR office makeover”. Marketing Magazine. November 26, 2015.
- Krashinsky, Susan. “Social media struggling to earn consumers’ trust, according to survey.” The Globe and Mail. April 26th, 2016
- Official homepage
- Environics blog
- Talent recruitment video
- Experiential Marketing Agency
- Social Media Analysis and Insight
- Market research, polling, Geo demographic and social values research
- Geo demographic segmentation, site modeling and custom analytics
- Environics Communications on Twitter
- Environics Communications on Facebook
- Environics Communications on LinkedIn