Five major beauty pageants
Template:Pp-protected This is tabulation regarding the five major beauty pageants; Miss World, Miss Universe, Miss International, Miss Earth and Miss Supranational. The five pageants were chosen based on the following guidelines: length of the pageant, number of entrants, its purpose and the widespread distribution of winners in the countries all over the world. This also includes pageants' history, top performing countries and the performances of all the countries with at least a single win.
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 24 2013. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Five_major_beauty_pageants. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Five_major_beauty_pageants, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Five_major_beauty_pageants.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (December 2013)
Miss World History
- The Miss World pageant is the oldest surviving major international beauty pageant founded in 1951.
- The competition was the first Miss World pageant and was introduced as part of the Festival of Britain celebrations. It attarcted so many audience that guaranteed its success.
- Miss World was founded by Eric Morley , the first Miss World pageant amazed a humanity it beaten other international events such as World Cup and even Olympic Games.
- Julia Morley became the chairman in 2000 when her husband Eric Morley died. Miss World continues to break records. It has now over 130 franchising countries and fundraising topping $450 million USD.
- The BBC televised Miss World from 1959 to 1979 and Thames Television picked up the contract from 1980 to 1988. It is now being watched annually all over the world with different franchising television networks.
Miss Universe History
- The contest was founded in 1952 by the California clothing company Pacific Mills. The pageant became part of Kayser-Roth, and then Gulf Western Industries, before being acquired by Donald Trump in 1996.
Miss International History
- The pageant Miss International was created in Long Beach, California, USA in 1960 after the departure of the Miss Universe pageant to Miami Beach.
Miss Earth History
- Miss Earth is one of the three largest beauty pageants in the world in terms of the number of national-level competitions to participate in the world finals and one of the most publicized beauty contests in the world. It was founded in Manila , Philippines in 2001.
- To actively promote the preservation of the environment, is the main aim of this pageant.
- "Beauties For a Cause", that was the slogan adopted in October 2001 by the Miss Earth Foundation. In 2003 the first "beauty for a cause" prize was awarded.
Miss Supranational History
- Miss Supranational is an annual international beauty contest run by the World Beauty Association based in Panama. It began in 2009
- World Beauty Association (WBA), S.A. is the organization behind this pageant with its president Tryny Marcela Yandar Lobón
- Mission: It is our passion to tear down borders: We draw attention to those countries on their way to become tourism destinations of high attraction. We enable the youth to expand their horizons by showing them the beautiful side of a truly globalized world.
- Vision: We strongly believe in our commitment of excellence and solid compliance. Those values help us to gain advantages for all stakeholders: best performance for our host, utter contentedness of our sponsors and national directors, complete satisfaction of the audience and bright prospects of the winners.
Top Performing Countries
|Rank||Country||Miss World||Miss Universe||Miss International||Miss Earth||Miss Supranational||Total||Total No. of Wins in each pageant at least once|
Winning all the Five Crowns
The first and only country to win all five pageants was Philippines , when it won Miss World 2013. The Philippines also made history when it won all three (3) pageants in a year; Miss Supranational 2013 , Miss World 2013 and Miss International 2013.
Venezuela is the most successful country in the history, having won 7 Miss Universe titles (1979–2013), 6 Miss World titles (1955–2011) 6 Miss International titles (1985–2010) and 2 Miss Earth titles (2005, 2013) for a total of 21 victories, followed by the United States with 14 wins and the Philippines with 10 wins.
|Year||Miss World||Miss Universe||Miss International||Miss Earth||Miss Supranational|
Performance of Countries
- List of Miss Universe titleholders
- List of Miss World titleholders
- List of Miss International titleholders
- List of Miss Earth titleholders