Forward in Faith North America
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 18 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Forward_in_Faith_North_America. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Forward_in_Faith_North_America, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Forward_in_Faith_North_America.
Template:Redirect Template:Underlinked Template:Anglican realignment Forward In Faith North America (FIFNA) (formerly called the “Episcopal Synod of America”) is a fellowship of people and churches who embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ, who upholds the Evangelical Faith and Catholic Order which is the inheritance of the Anglican Way. Our fellowship works, prays, and witnesses for reform and renewal of the Church without compromise of truth or limitation of love. Our fellowship includes faithful Anglicans spanning many jurisdictions and structures, with the mission to witness to the “faith and order of the undivided Church.”
FiFNA is cross-jurisdictional, reaching many within the Church and those who have not come to know the love of God in Jesus Christ. We encourage the fullest degree of communion where there is common understanding of belief. FiFNA also encourages the spiritual growth of its members, to be faithful witnesses of Jesus Christ, in gathering two or three (the planting of churches), and in bringing Jesus Christ into the world.
We believe that the Bible is rightly understood by Reason enlightened and informed by the Holy Spirit. It is our mission to witness and make known the work of the Holy Spirit, to make Jesus Christ present today, and to teach and make alive the work of the Holy Spirit in the Church’s genuine Tradition, which is consistent with Holy Scripture.
We believe that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever,” the perfect full revelation of the God Himself”. We witness and teach that we may not add things to or subtract things from this revelation. We conform our lives to that revelation, even when it sets us at odds with the values of today’s culture.
We believe that God is one in the Trinity of persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Our mission is to witness God’s love made known in the Trinity, and in our relationship in Christ’s Church by adoption. The nature of this relationship is reflected in:
- The life-long union of one man and one woman in marriage as a God-given foundation for the relationship of family
- The value of human life from conception through natural death, from the present and into eternity
- The headship and priesthood of Jesus Christ, the bridegroom, to His Church, the bride.
By adoption, every member of the Church ministers the love of God through their varied roles in the human family.
Forward in Faith North America is a founding partner of the Anglican Church in North America in June 2009. It publishes a bimonthly magazine called Forward in Christ.
List of FIFNA Presidents:
- The Rt. Rev. Clarence C. Pope - First president 1989-1993
- Mr. Peter Moriarity 1993-1998
- Mr. Walter Bruce 1998-1999 (died while in office)
- The Rev. Dr. David L. Moyer (1999-2004)
- The Rt. Rev. Keith L Ackerman (Quincy) (2004-2015)
- The Rev. Cn. Lawrence D. Bausch (2015- )
- Official website
- Forward in Faith magazine website
- History of Resistance to the Ordination of Women in the Episcopal Church
- New "Entity," Evangelical and Catholic Mission, Formed February 15, 1977 press release
- ECM Meets in Fort Worth; Unveils Episcopal Synod of America June 8, 1989 press release
- An Open Letter from the Episcopal Synod of America to all faithful people in the Anglican Tradition (1997)