- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 27 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Françoise_Doherty. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Françoise_Doherty, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Françoise_Doherty.
|Born||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Occupation||film director, photographer, songwriter, activist, artist|
Françoise Doherty is a Canadian filmmaker, songwriter and media artist. Noted for being a trailblazer in queer activism with a stop-motion animated series for children. She garnered Audience Choice Awards at Cineffable in Paris France and Festival Image + Nation in Montreal. To date The Girl Bunnies series has screened in 21 countries.
The fourth musical short in The Girl Bunnies installments (The Girl Bunnies. ROCKETSHIP.) was premiered on June 25, 2015 at Frameline, The San Francisco International LGBT Film Festival. The third musical short in the Girl Bunnies series (The Girl Bunnies. BIG TREE.) was released June 23, 2011, the second short in the series (The Girl Bunnies. Hockey.) was released October 25, 2009 and Les Lapines (The Girl Bunnies) was released in 2008. Musically, she composes, plays multiple instruments and sings. As a filmmaker she composes the music first and then, creates the animated story and develops the characters.
As media artist and filmmaker, Doherty’s international portfolio spans live-action filmmaking, 2D animation, stop-motion animation, photography, media installation and performance. With the exception of her photographic exhibitions, she composes/produces the soundscapes and songs for her work. She has exhibited widely within Canada, The United States, Europe and Asia. She works in a genre she coined “Critical Fiction’.
- Girl Bunnies HOCKEY FDoherty1.jpg
Still from The Girl Bunnies. Hockey
- Girl Bunnies HOCKEY FDoherty2.jpg
Still from The Girl Bunnies. Hockey
|Year||Original title||Positions held by Francoise Doherty|
|2015||The Girl Bunnies. Rocketship.||Françoise Doherty: Animator, editor, writer, songwriter, camera, singer, instrumentalist. Cast: Françoise Doherty, Pascale Doherty-Haigh, Octavie Doherty-Haigh|
|2011||The Girl Bunnies. Big Tree.||Françoise Doherty: Animator, editor, writer, songwriter, camera, singer, instrumentalist. Cast: Françoise Doherty, Caroline Trépannier, Pascale Doherty-Haigh, Octavie Doherty-Haigh|
|2009||The Girl Bunnies. Hockey||Françoise Doherty: Animator, editor, writer, songwriter, camera, singer, instrumentalist. Cast: Françoise Doherty, Caroline Trépannier, Pascale Doherty-Haigh, Octavie Doherty-Haigh|
|2008||Les Lapines (The Girl Bunnies)||Françoise Doherty: Producer, editor, writer, songwriter, actor, singer, instrumentalist, (co-camera, co-design Françoise Doherty, Mél Hogan)|
|2008||Two||F.Doherty: Director, co-writer, editor, sound, co-camera, co-songs|
|2007||Change in 6 Parts||3 co-creators (Mél Hogan, Lindsey Shane, Françoise Doherty), Composer/Soundtrack|
|2006||Breakfast with my Girl||F.Doherty: Composer,performance,producer|
|2004||PINK||F.Doherty: Photographer, designer, installation.|
|2004||A TOMATO’S DISCRETION||F.Doherty: Animator, Writer, Director, Editor, Composer|
|2003||Instinctive Actions||F.Doherty: Writer, Director, Editor, Camera, Composer|
|2003||of Marshall||F.Doherty: Photographer, designer|
|2002||Ground Zero Currency||F.Doherty: Writer, co-Director, co-Producer (Doherty, Haigh)|
|2002||ATM||F.Doherty: Writer, Director, Editor, Sound Engineer|
|2000||The Window||F.Doherty: Writer, Director, Editor, Composer, installation.|
|1998||The French Philosopher's Dinner||Performance Collaboration. Directed by Eddo Stern|
|1997||Windowsill||F.Doherty: Writer, Director, Editor, installation.|
|1995||OLFACTUS||F.Doherty: Writer, Director, Editor, Composer|
|1995||BY MY TROTH||F.Doherty: Writer, Director, Editor, Composer|
|1994||SMELLFEST||F.Doherty: Writer, Director, Camera, Editor|
|1994||WHAMO!||F.Doherty: Writer, Director, Editor, Installation.|
|1993||Tunnel of Love||F.Doherty: Photographer, Director, Sculptor, installation.|
|1993||Big Trucks Don't Get Stuck||F.Doherty: Writer, Director, Camera, Editor, Composer|
- "Présentation des films du 21e Festival Cineffable - 2009 - H-L". Cineffable.fr. http://www.cineffable.fr/festivals/21efestival/Films21/filmsHL.htm#lesl. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "Cineffable - Accueil". Cineffable.fr. http://www.cineffable.fr/fr/edito.htm. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "Opinion - Blogs - Our blogs have moved!". Communities.canada.com. http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/print.aspx?postid=254130. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "Francoise Doherty - Canadian Music Wiki". Canadianmusicwiki.ca. 2011-11-02. http://www.canadianmusicwiki.ca/Francoise-Doherty.ashx?NoRedirect=1. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "The Girl Bunnies Les Lapines". Cart.frameline.org. http://cart.frameline.org/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=T791&Show=TechSpecs. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- linamariepony (2009-10-28). "Kox & Kuntz - All posts tagged 'francoise doherty'". Xtra.ca. http://www.xtra.ca/blog/montreal/?tag=/francoise+doherty. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "FESTIVAL IMAGE+NATION MONTRÉAL 2009". Image-nation.org. http://www.image-nation.org/2009/film-eng.php. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "FESTIVAL IMAGE+NATION MONTRÉAL 2008". Image-nation.org. http://www.image-nation.org/2008/film-eng.php. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "DIY point / autonomenes filme schauen « entzaubert". Entzaubert.blogsport.de. http://entzaubert.blogsport.de/archives/programm/diy-point-autonomenes-filme-schauen/. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- "ARTSEEN 10 offsite exhibition (2002)". Artcite.ca. http://www.artcite.ca/artseen_archive/seen_10.html. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- Image+Nation Film Festival
- Xtra Magazine
- Detroit Museum of New Art
- CBC Radio 3
- Frameline Films