From Sky and Soil
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 11 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:From_Sky_and_Soil. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/From_Sky_and_Soil, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/From_Sky_and_Soil.
From Sky and Soil is a short film created as part of the Corus Young Filmmakers Initiative for broadcast on the W Network in Canada. Written and directed in 2004 by Royce Vavrek, the film has undergone two major cuts, one in 2005 by Evie Farmer for documentation at the Canadian Film and Television Production Association, and another in 2007 by Adam James Beck for subsequent release. Shot on location in the northern Albertan communities of Sexsmith, Beaverlodge, and Grande Prairie, the project features two parallel narratives of farm families dealing with the emotional and financial restructuring after hail destroys much of their harvest.
|Don Harper||John Christopherson|
|Kathy Harper||Thelma Christopherson|
|Tim Heimdal||Barry Klingshead|
|Kathy Pardell||Carla Klingshead|
|Robbie Pardell||Michael Klingshead|
|Taylor Pardell||Tara Klingshead|
- Royce Vavrek (Writer/Director/Production Designer)
- Alexander Carson (Director of Photography/Camera operator)
- Zachary Cox (Key Grip/Gaffer)
- Kyle Thomas (Assistant Director/Assistant Camera)
- Adam James Beck (Editor)
- Evie Farmer (Sound Recordist)
- Oliver Lee (Production Assistant)
Ellyn Otterson contributed an original song "The Unknown North", which is prominently featured both as underscore and, diegetically, in the final concert scene sung by Taylor Pardell.