Gerard de Marigny
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 17 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Gerard_de_Marigny. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Gerard_de_Marigny.
Gerard de Marigny (born June 28, 1963) is an American novelist, producer, and scriptwriter, starting with the publication of his 2011 thriller, The Watchman of Ephraim (Cris De Niro, Book 1), now in development as the feature film CRIS DE NIRO: THE WATCHMAN OF EPHRAIM. He is the creator of the CRIS DE NIRO spy thriller novel series, as well as the ARCHANGEL counter-terrorism novella series.
de Marigny was born and raised in Ridgewood, New York. He later moved to the Mill Basin neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, and then to Manalapan, New Jersey, before relocating with his wife Lisa to the Green Valley Ranch community of Henderson, Nevada. When he turned five years old, he and his older brother Peter began taking private trumpet lessons from a number of tutors including Frank Dorritie.
de Marigny graduated from St. Aloysius Elementary School (Ridgewood, NY), St. Francis Preparatory School (Fresh Meadows, Queens, NY), and Penn State University where he was awarded two scholarships including the Fischer Family Scholarship, remaining on the Dean's List every semester of his enrollment. In 2007, he was inducted into the NSCS National Society of Collegiate Scholars and the ALPHA SIGMA LAMBDA National Honor Society, Pi Delta Chi Chapter, and in 2009 earned his degree in Information Sciences and Technology.
Before becoming a novelist, de Marigny was a founding member, main songwriter, and guitarist for the New York-based rock group AMERICADE (1979-1980, 1981-1984, 1989-1990, 1995). On July 4, 1983, the group was awarded "Best New Video - Hard Rock" by the then-fledgling MTV for its rendition of Grand Funk Railroad's iconic "We're An American Band." He went on to compose music for and produce other artists as well as for TV.
In the summer of 2010, de Marigny began work on the manuscript for what would be become his first published novel, The Watchman of Ephraim (Cris De Niro, Book 1) (TWoE). After receiving 74 rejections from literary agents, de Marigny decided to found his own independent publishing company, JarRyJorNo Publishing, which published TWoE on January 21, 2011.
In July 2011, de Marigny sat down for a Q&A session with Producer Philip Norbert of Kingmaker Productions to discuss his first novel. The interview was posted to YouTube and (up to July 2016) has received over 73,000 views. In October 2012, de Marigny appeared in a trailer for TWoE that was also published to YouTube and received (up to July 2016) over 29,000 views.
In August 2014, de Marigny was contacted by legendary television and Hollywood Producer Michael Greenburg (MacGyver, Stargate SG-1 Legend, et al.). Greenburg had read TWoE and considered the character Cris De Niro to be "... a protagonist with the greatest heart-and-soul motivation of any action hero." Greenburg offered to co-write the screenplay adaptation for TWoE, on the condition that de Marigny (who had never written a script before) write it with him. They began work on the first draft in August 2014 and on July 4, 2016 submitted the seventh draft of the script to the Writers Guild of America, West (Registration No. 1758283). The feature film CRIS DE NIRO: THE WATCHMAN OF EPHRAIM is now in development.
de Marigny has published four poems to Goodreads.com, Power, A Sixty-Minute Tale, Of Myself, and Greatness.
In early 1996, de Marigny was diagnosed with Lymphocyte Predominant Hodgkin's Disease, a form of lymphoma cancer. After major neck surgery and six-weeks of radical limited-mantle radiation, his cancer went into remission in July 1996.
Gerard and his wife Lisa, President and CEO of Showtime Tours, a bus company, live in the foothills of Las Vegas, in the Green Valley Ranch community of Henderson, Nevada with their four sons, Jared, Ryan, Jordan, and Noah.
CRIS DE NIRO Series
|1||The Watchman of Ephraim||January 21, 2011||B004KAAXXU|
|2||Signs of War||October 12, 2011||B005VE306G|
|3||Rise To The Call||July 13, 2012||B008LC5LU8|
|4||Project 111||January 7, 2013||B00AY6K4KQ|
|5||Nothing So Glorious||January 26, 2014||B00I2X5J8K|
|1||The Eagle's Plume||March 5, 2013||B00BQ1FTH6|
|2||Rescue From Sana'a||January 28, 2014||B00I4C9LRE|
- "Gerard de Marigny". http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6691273/bio.
- "Welcome to the Buglers Hall of Fame". http://buglershalloffame.com/new_site/members/frank_dorritie.html.
- "Gerard de Marigny | LinkedIn". https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerarddemarigny.
- Gerard de Marigny (2013-04-26), We're An American Band, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQhR2pZnl8Q, retrieved 2016-07-25
- "Gerard de Marigny (GerarddeMarigny) | Free Stories You'll Love - Wattpad". https://www.wattpad.com/user/GerarddeMarigny.
- "Gerard de Marigny - ChristianWriters.com" (in en-US). https://christianwriters.com/profile/4304-gerard-de-marigny/content/.
- "JarRyJorNo Publishing". http://www.jarryjornopublishing.com/.
- Gerard de Marigny (2011-07-12), Gerard de Marigny discusses his 9/11 thriller _The Watchman of Ephraim_, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il-9HcObLVc, retrieved 2016-07-25
- Gerard de Marigny (2012-10-05), Cris De Niro Series Trailer, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNm6w315ePc, retrieved 2016-07-25
- "Michael Greenburg". http://www.cdnfilmcorp.com/michael-greenburg.html.
- "Gerard de Marigny - IMDbPro". https://pro-labs.imdb.com/name/nm6691273?rf=cons_nm_meter&ref_=cons_nm_meter.
- "Gerard Marigny (Gerard_deMarigny)'s Writing (4 stories)". https://www.goodreads.com/story/list/4948751.
- "Real friendship". http://www.gerarddemarigny.com/the-world-according-to-g-blog/real-friendship.
- "Gerard de Marigny". http://www.cdnfilmcorp.com/gerard-de-marigny.html.