- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 13 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Hameed_Vaniyambalam. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Hameed_Vaniyambalam, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Hameed_Vaniyambalam.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- This article was tagged for needing more citations which aren't needed here.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (September 2019)
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 2.1 Solidarity Youth Movement
- 2.2 Anti-Coca Cola movement
- 2.3 Black sand mining strike
- 2.4 Express highway strike
- 2.5 Your money, our hardwork, a home for the poor
- 2.6 Non-profit
- 2.7 Politics
- 3 Family
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Born on May 9, 1969, he was the son of Ahmed Kutty Haji and Fathima. He is the brother of Abdussalam Vaniyambalam, the first CEO of MediaWatch and Anwar Vaniyambalam, CEO of Voice of Kerala Rodeo (Dubai). After completing his primary education at Government Higher Secondary School and Shantinagar Government School, he obtained his undergraduate and postgraduate degrees from the University of Calicut. After graduating from Mahatma Gandhi University, he graduated with a B.Ed. After that, he served as a teacher.
Solidarity Youth Movement
He was an active participant in the formation of the Solidarity Youth Movement. He became the first general secretary of the organization and was later elected president.
Anti-Coca Cola movement
Vaniyambalam spearheaded the struggle against exploitation by the Coca-Cola Company at Plachimada in Palakkad District. Thousands of youths from all parts of Kerala marched with a pitcher of water and a handful of rice. Coca-Cola was forced to close down as a result of the struggle.
Black sand mining strike
Vaniyambalam played a leading role in counteracting the government's move to allow private companies to set up mining in the coastal areas of Alappuzha and Kollam districts. The mass struggle was won by Congress Member of Parliament V. M. Sudheeran.
Express highway strike
Solidarity helped convince the Government to withdraw the Express Highway Plan, which ignored the environment and land availability of Kerala. Solidarity's campaign succeeded in convincing the general public and the government that the project would harm the environment and ecosystem of Kerala.
Your money, our hardwork, a home for the poor
The Your Money, Our Hardwork, a Home for the Poor movement was started by Solidarity to help the thousands of homeless families in Kerala. Thousands of houses were built in Kerala with the financial assistance of the people and expatriates of Kerala.
He served as Executive Director of the Friends Cultural Center of Qatar from 2008–2010. The Friends Cultural Center was transformed into a public venue for expatriates in Qatar. Vaniyambalam was responsible for identifying and promoting expatriate artists, forming expatriates into socio-political movements of Kerala, and for coordinating expatriates' cultural activities. He represented the Friends Cultural Center at the international religious conference in Doha.
He played a leading role in forming the Welfare Party in 2011 by organizing human rights, environment and other activists in Kerala to realize the idea of a people's political party. He is the founding vice president of the Welfare Party of India. He has been state president since November 2013. In 2018, he was re-elected President.
Soil or Death
Vaniyambalam is spearheading the Welfare Party's campaign to provide land to all the landless people in Kerala: at least one acre. It seeks the cancellation of out-of-contract violations of plantation land and the implementation of the Forest Rights Act. As part of the strike, the Village Office march, the Taluk Office march, the Collectorate siege, the Secretariat blockade and the land encroachment took place.
Complete alcohol bans within 10 years
The Welfare Party launched an Action Plan to ban alcohol within ten years, including administrative measures and awareness programs. As a result of the work of organizations including the Welfare Party, the government announced a total alcohol ban to take effect in ten years.
Personal staff corruption
Vaniyambalam led protests against the personal staff system that has caused crores of rupees to be paid to the exchequer every year. It was a struggle against corruption in the appointment of ministers'.
He contested from the Mankada constituency in Malappuram district in 2016.
His wife is Mumtaz Begum from Mampad in Malappuram district. Thery have three children. They live in Vaniyambalam.
- "http://origin.mangalam.com/thiruvananthapuram/407476". http://origin.mangalam.com/thiruvananthapuram/407476.
- "http://www.mathrubhumi.com/print-edition/kerala/thiruvananthapuram-1.871430". http://www.mathrubhumi.com/print-edition/kerala/thiruvananthapuram-1.871430.
- "http://www.madhyamam.com/kerala/2016/feb/18/179002". http://www.madhyamam.com/kerala/2016/feb/18/179002.
- "http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-kerala/welfare-party-of-indias-objection/article7145201.ece". The Hindu. 2015-04-27. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-kerala/welfare-party-of-indias-objection/article7145201.ece.
- "ഒരു പിടി മണ്ണും ഒരു കുടം വെള്ളവും കൈമാറി പത്രിക സമർപ്പണം". മാധ്യമം ദിനപത്രം. 2016-04-28. http://www.madhyamam.com/content/193287.