- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (April 2015)
- This article does not need additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (April 2015)
Template:More footnotes Advertising? oooh, orphan
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 27 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Helping_Brainz. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Helping_Brainz, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Helping_Brainz.
Helping Brainz is a non-profit organization that primarily aims in early childhood education, women's rights, child empowerment, community development, international peace, environmental awareness and the rights of the old age. The organization was started in August 2012 as a social media page by Yedhukrishna Menon (an IT auditor working in Gurgaon,India) in Delhi, India.
Helping Brainz aims to help build democracy by creating self-reliant citizens, developing respect for the experience of others and encouraging dialogue
Helping Brainz focuses on :
- using one's skill set to help the needy
- connecting brains blessed with capabilities
- engineering and motivating the youth for enriching the societal standards
- 'rising by lifting others'
- encouraging communications, since communication can even cure cancer, so why can’t we use it to cure diseases like poverty, illiteracy, atrocities against women and child labour; teaching and educating through experiences
- giving a professional approach to the nation’s development
- empowering the ‘rural’ India, which is the treasury for the nation’s development
- educating the underprivileged about law and compliance, government’s policies from the grass-root levels
- giving an opportunity to corporate professionals and students for giving back to the community on their weekends
Key Areas of Work
- Child Education and Empowerment
- Women Safety and Empowerment
- Environmental Awareness
- Elderly Care : Supporting Old Age Homes
- Rural and Community Development
- International Peace
- Helping Brainz have reached to 4000+ underpriviledged kids from Delhi (Madanpur Khadar JJ Colony, Pochanpur Village-Dwarka), Noida (Nithari Village, Hoshiarpur Village(Sector 51), Noida Sector 15 Slums, Slums of Noida Extension), Meerut (Partapur Village), Kochi (Kakkanad), Siwan (Chowki-Hassan) and Romania (Cluj-Napoca)
- Helping Brainz reached to 400+ underpriviledged women from Delhi (Madanpur Khadar JJ Colony),Noida (Nithari Village, Hoshiarpur Village(Sector 51)), CRPF Women Battalion Dwarka, Delhi.
- Helping Brainz cleaned a school in Nithari Noida
- Helping Brainz works with 3 old age homes in Delhi
Partners at Community Service
- AIESEC in Delhi University
- Billion Hearts Beating
- Saksham Vidhyalaya, Noida
- Aster Public School, Noida Extenstion
- Gram Panchayat, Nithari, Noida
- Gram Panchayat, Shahpur, Noida
Events with Partners
- Helping Brainz in association with AIESEC in Delhi University conducted Udaan for the underpriviledged children of Delhi and Nithari
- Helping Brainz in association with AIESEC in Delhi University conducted "International Cultural Congress for Peace" at Aster Public School, Noida Extension
- A health talk for the underpriviledged women of Nithari was conducted in collaboration with Billion Hearts Beating Team, Apollo Hospital, the programmes were part of the ChaipeCharcha event, conducted at Nithari Village.
- Helping Brainz conducted it's first international event for the Migrant-Children of Romania
- "Yedhu : Social Worker". Yedhu.in. http://www.yedhu.in/social-work/. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Udaan:2014". University Express. http://www.universityexpress.co.in/delhiuniversity/2015/01/udaan-2014-aiesec-du-2/. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Udaan2:2014". youth24x7.com. http://youth24x7.com/tag/aiesec-in-delhi-university/. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "ICC4Peace". asterpublicschool. http://noida.asterpublicschool.com/photogallery/DisplayPhotos.aspx?ID=36. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "BHB:Nithari". billionheartsbeating. http://billionheartsbeating.com/event/chai-pe-charcha-for-the-women/. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Migrant:Helping Brainz". migrant.ro. http://www.migrant.ro/humanitarian-event-in-cluj-napoca. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "CRPF:ChaipeCharcha". Techwomen. http://techwomen.in/news/. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- This page could use some categorization… if it was still on Wikipedia. On Deletionpedia.org, we don't really care so much.