Howard Fields (musician)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 23 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Howard_Fields_(musician). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Howard_Fields_(musician), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Howard_Fields_(musician).
Howard "Howie" Fields is a drummer and singer who became known as a drummer for singer-songwriter Harry Chapin. In recent years, he tours with the Steve Chapin Band, which play's Harry Chapin's music along with their original music.
Touring with Harry Chapin
Fields is primarily known for his work with Harry Chapin. Fresh out of college, he and Doug Walker, Chapin's future guitarist, gained a role in Chapin's Broadway show, The Night That Made America Famous. The show went on to become a success and, within its very short run, managed to earn four prestigious award nominations. After the show ended, both Doug and Howard were put into the touring band. From 1975 until Chapin's death in 1981, Howard toured full time with the band.  In this short period, Chapin had numerous hit albums mainly in U.S. and Canada.
Since 1991, he has toured with The Steve Chapin Band. The band plays original songs, as well as Harry Chapin's songs.  He owns a drumming studio where he teaches percussion. In addition, he owns an online vintage ad business. 
- "Harry Chapin Music". http://harrychapin.com/circle/summer06/howard_fields.htm.
- "Howard Fields Years". http://www.howiefields.com.
- "Steve Chapin Band News Article". https://www.tapinto.net/towns/roxbury/articles/saturday-in-roxbury-songs-of-harry-chapin-perfor.
- "The Steve Chapin Band". http://www.chapinmusic.com/HarryChapinBand/about.html.
- "Howie Fields Bio". http://www.howiefields.com/bio.shtml.