- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 16 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Huntsman_Security. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Huntsman_Security, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Huntsman_Security.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (June 2013)
- This article does not need additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (June 2013)
Huntsman Security, is the trading and brand name of Tier-3 Pty Ltd. It is an Australian information security software company which provides security, compliance and analytics solutions to organisations to enable the collection, analysis and alerting/reporting on systems, user and applications activity logs, audit trails and event data for cyber security attacks, insider threats, hacking and malware. Huntsman Security was formerly known as Tier-3.
This type of solution is commonly known as security incident and event management, or SIEM, but is increasingly being referred to as "Security Analytics" in many circles. The technology has been covered by several analysts including Forrester Research (specifically their Security Analytics vendor landscape and Security Analytics Wave™), Gartner, Bloor Research and 451 Research. Huntsman Security (Tier-3) appeared in the Gartner Magic Quadrant in 2011 and 2012 as well as being reviewed by Secure Computing in 2007.
Huntsman Security invented and patented a technique called Behavioural Anomaly Detection (BAD) which allows a normal baseline of system and network activity to be learnt, against which anomalous patterns of activity, which could indicate a security attack or case of misuse, to be detected. Version 2 of their anomaly detection technology was released in 2013.
Huntsman Security (formerly Tier-3) was founded in Sydney, Australia in 1999. The company has offices in Australia, Japan, US and UK. Their products – Huntsman Enterprise SIEM, Huntsman Analyst Portal and Huntsman Unified Console – incorporate the log collection and database engine, real-time analysis, rule-based security event detection, threat intelligence and the BAD engine and the threat mitigation technology Huntsman developed in 2014/2015 to handle cyber threats and remove false positives - collectively Security Analytics. Huntsman Security plays an active role in the information security community, supporting the Australian Information Security Association (AISA) and has sponsored the UK Cyber Security Challenge.
Tier-3 Pty Ltd (Huntsman Security's parent company) holds US Patent 7,296,070 ("Integrated Monitoring System") which is at the heart of its security analytics solution and Australian Patent No. 785131 ("Integrated Monitoring System") 
- "Vendor Landscape: Security Analytics (SA)". https://www.forrester.com/go?objectid=RES134801.
- "The Forrester Wave™: Security Analytics Platforms, Q1 2017". https://www.forrester.com/go?objectid=RES134864.
- Gartner, Magic Quadrant for SIEM, 2011
- Gartner, Magic Quadrant for SIEM, 2012
- Bloor Research, Log & Event Management: Tier-3, 2010
- Tier-3 brings its intelligent SIEM from down under
- Efficient visibility and a shakeup of SIEM are in Huntsman's sights
- Huntsman 5.1 review (SC magazine)
- AISA corporate sponsors
- UK Cyber Security Challenge sponsors list
- US Patent 7,296,070
- Australian Patent 785,131
- Infosec 2017 exhibitor
- Infosec 2016 exhibitor
- AISA 2017 Sponsor
- AISA 2015 exhibitor
- Infosec 2015 exhibitor
- Infosec 2014 exhibitor
- Infosec 2013 exhibitor
- The hidden security and privacy consequences of making business applications available on mobile devices (Infosec 2013)
- UK Cyber Security Challenge - Gold Sponsors
- Keeping abreast of security when your enterprise is increasingly externalised (Auscert 2013)
- Australian Technology Showcase
- The route to compliance (Computer Weekly)
- US Patent 7,296,070
- Australian Patent 785,131
- Member of the Global Cyber Alliance
- Crunchbase Entry
- "Tier-3 upgrades Huntsman threat tool", Computing.co.uk
- Infosec Magazine Profile
- "The intruder at the gate", ZDNet
- "Defence against unknown threats", SecureIT IT Security News
- "Australian security vendor launches into USA", CRN Australia
- "Australian Tier-3 Launches Huntsman Security in the US", ZDNet, April 17 2015
- "Australian Security Company Makes U.S. Launch with Focus on SIEM", CRN, April 16 2015
- "Huntsman Enters US Market, Brings New Tech for Actionable Intelligence", FierceITSecurity, April 16 2015
- "Meg Whitman's 4-Step Guide to Killing Acquisitions", CIO Magazine, April 10 2015
- “Real time threat detection with GRC dashboard” Pro Security Zone, Dec 1 2014
- “Tier-3 builds on strengths in analytics, compliance, automation and incident response”, Information Security Solutions, December 2 2014
- “Analyst portal provides improved decision making”, Pro Security Zone, February 4 2015
- “Tier-3 Huntsman threat Analyst Portal makes real time action easier”, Computerworld UK, February 9 2015
- “Huntsman Security breathes new life into legacy SIEM deployments with Unified Console”, Data Centre Solutions, April 21 2015