- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 13 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Hypnoskull. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Hypnoskull, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Hypnoskull.
Hypnoskull is the name of Belgian musical group whose style borrows elements of noise, industrial music, jungle, breakbeat, lo-fi, and techno. Hypnoskull currently releases music through Germany's Ant-Zen record label.
Members / History
Hypnoskull is one Patrick Stevens (b. 4 Mar, 1973), who founded Hypnoskull in the early 1990s. Stevens was introduced to music at a young age, and became quickly involved in the Belgian and German alternative music scene. His first project was with friend Kristen Steensels, under the name Ectoplasmic Embryo Experience. Soon after, Stevens began releasing music under several other pseudonyms, including BRB, DRK, and Godwin. Finally, in 1993, Stevens formed Hypnoskull, which has been his main project ever since. Stevens took a short break after recording several tapes as Hypnoskull to work on a project with Dirk Ivens called Sonar. Finally, in 1998, Stevens was able to release the first Hypnoskull CD on Germany's Ant-Zen records. Since this short time, Hypnoskull has managed to greatly influence the industrial music scene.
In addition to Hypnoskull, Patrick Stevens also has recorded under the names Tunnel (with ex-wife Mieke M.), Sonar (with Dirk Ivens), Noshinto, Das Schreckenskabinett, Hautnah, Reset, Sona Eact, Störfrequenz, BRB, DRK, Boy Rapes Boy, Cybernetic:Fuckheadz (with Raoul Roucka), Sliding Elements, 33 MHz, and Trivial Gender.
- 1993 - 58-59-60, Tape
- 1994 - Gigabyte, Tape
- 1994 - Wild Electronic Noise Session For People Who Want to Relax, Tape
- 1995 - A Visional Wane Into Cyberelectronics, Tape
- 1995 - Japanese Kisses, Tape
- 1995 - Media Terrorist, Tape
- 1996 - Datagenetik, Tape
- 1996 - Intubation, Tape
- 1996 - Media Terrorist 2, Tape
- 1996 - Technocrash, Tape
- 1997 - Technobondage, Tape
- 1997 - Total Jesus, Tape
- 1998 - Rhythmusmaschine Eins-Zwei, CD
- 1999 - Darkbeat Planet / Reakt. Ammo, LP
- 1999 - [[FFWD>Burnout!]], CD
- 2000 - Fucked By Other's Attitudes, 7"
- 2000 - Live At CDGB's, New York, CD-R
- 2000 - Total Jesus EP, CD-R
- 2001 - 10 Seconds Left, Tape
- 2001 - Electronic Music Means War To Us, CD
- 2002 - Operation Tough Guy!, CD / 2LP / Boxset
- 2002 - The Harder You Try Is The Closer You Get, 7"
- 2002 - The Silver Album EP, CD-R
- 2002 - Who's Hardcore Anyway?, 7"
- 2003 - Extreme Urban Electronica, CD-R
- 2003 - The Hardest 30 Minutes on Planet Earth, Tape
- 2004 - Dark Skies Over Planet E., CD
- 2004 - The Industrial Mash-Up 12", CD-R
- 2004 - Urban Nightmares (You and Me), CD-R
- 2005 - (G.O.D.) Once Again, CD
- 2005 - Broken Bass, CD-R
- 2005 - Cassette Massacre (1992–1993 Recovered), CD-R
- 2006 - Connecting The Evil Wires, CD-R
- 2006 - Controversy Is A Goddamn' Lie, CD-R
- 2006 - Panik Mekanik, CD
- 2008 - Industrial Owes Us Money, CD
- 2013 - Electronic Music Means War To Us 2, CD
- http://www.hypnoskull.com The Official Hypnoskull Site