- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 24 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:I-Man. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/I-Man, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/I-Man.
Widowed father Jeffrey Wilder is a cab driver, who lives with his son Eric, as they are unexpectedly hurled into the adventure of a lifetime. When a NASA truck carrying a space canister crashes near their home, Jeffrey and Eric rush inside the wrecked vehicle to recover the helpless driver. The severely injured driver tells them that the canister in the truck must be saved. So Jeffrey and Eric go back inside the truck. Jeffrey then sees that the canister is leaking gas, and tells Eric to move away to safety. While his son walks away, Jeffrey tries to get the canister out of the truck. However, the truck violently explodes, and Jeffrey is rushed to the hospital with 90% of his body covered in second- and third-degree burns. As the doctors watch in shock, Jeffrey's badly burnt body miraculously heals itself before their eyes, and he walks out, confused and amazed.
Brushing the incident aside as an apparent freak of nature, Jeffrey is stunned when his mysterious ability manifests during a botched armed robbery at a local convenience store; he appears to be fatally shot by the panicked robber, but what would normally have been a mortal bullet wound heals in seconds, just as his burns had done. It is then revealed that Jeffrey's new 'power' is the result of his exposure to a sample of mysterious alien atmosphere leaking from the damaged canister while on board the NASA truck. Soon, Eric exhibits similar powers (having also been exposed to the gas during the rescue), but Jeffrey advises his son to keep them secret for his own safety.
The U.S. Government then approaches Jeffrey with a classified mission: stop the devious and reclusive millionaire Oliver Holbrook, a power-hungry maniac who – having hijacked a military train – not only plans to use the power of some stolen prototype laser pistols to force the planet's surrender, but also is threatening Earth with the ultimate disaster: nuclear meltdown. Sent into battle with fellow agent Karen McCorder, Jeffrey leaves Eric behind with a friend. But when the two are caught by Holbrook, it will take Eric's smarts, as well as his powers, to rescue his father before Oliver unleashes his stolen technology and brings the world as we know it to an end.
- Scott Bakula ... Jeffrey Wilder
- Ellen Bry ... Karen McCorder
- Joey Cramer ... Eric Wilder
- John Bloom ... Harry Murphy
- Herschel Bernardi ... Bogosian
- John Anderson ... Oliver Holbrook
- Dale Wilson ... Rudy
- Cindy Higgins ... Allison
- Charles Siegel ... Cabbie
- Joseph Golland ... Meek man
- Ian Tracey ... Robbery youth
- Ted Stidder ... Dr. Allen
- George Joseph ... Guide guard
- Campbell Lane ... General
- Terry Moore ... Distinguished man
- Lillian Carlson ... E.R. nurse
- Roger Allford ... ISA agent
- Anthony Harrison ... Curtain guard
- Don S. Davis ... Surgeon
- Rebecca Bush ... Susan
- Garwin Sandford ... Van driver
- Doug Tuck ... Paramedic
- Brian Arnold ... Newscaster
- Brian Arnold ... Norman
- Jane MacDougall ... Station nurse
- Nicholas von Zill ... Tardy guard
- Rob Morton ... Man on barge
- and Tattoo ... Nolan [Jeffrey and Eric's dog]