- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 23 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:INTTRA. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/INTTRA, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/INTTRA.
INTTRA is an electronic marketplace serving the ocean shipping industry. It creates integrated solutions for ocean shipping by connecting shipping professionals with carriers and software companies. About three million container orders are initiated on INTTRA’s platform every month, approximately 27 percent of global ocean container trade.
INTTRA was founded in 2001 by a consortium of the world’s ocean shipping participants to accelerate development of technology standards and software in the industry. INTTRA’s platform digitized processes around Container Booking, Shipping Instructions, Container Tracking and included searches for sailings, electronic bills of lading and electronic invoicing. In 2010 ABS Capital Partners took a majority stake in the portal, to develop new electronic commerce services for new markets.
In 2015, INTTRA raised additional funds from ABS and other shareholders to support its next stage of development.
In 2016, INTTRA expanded partnerships to integrate its ocean booking and shipment visibility tools into leading transportation management system platforms. Alliances were announced with JDA Software and logistics technology providers Kewill and Descartes.
- 2001 - INTTRA, a derivation of “international transportation and trade” begins operation as a joint venture of shippers P&O Nedlloyd, Maersk SeaLand, Mediterranean Shipping Co., CMA-CGM and Hamburg Sud.
- 2010 - Private equity firm ABS purchase majority stake in INTTRA.
- 2016 - INTTRA introduces its cloud-based eVGM Service transmits messages from shippers to carriers to facilitate compliance with International Maritime Organization container weight requirements that took effect on July 1.
INTTRA products are used by shippers, consignees, NVOCCs, logistics service providers, and ocean carriers. Some of the main product offerings include: Ocean Schedules, Container Booking, Shipping Instructions, Container Tracking, Decision Support, eVGM, Electronic Bills of Lading,e-Invoicing.
- "INTTRA Celebrates 15th Anniversary". http://www.marinelink.com/news/anniversary-celebrates420027. Joseph R. Fonseca, Marine Link. December 28, 2016. Retrieved January 31 2017
- "INTTRA data shows containers staying longer in ports". http://www.joc.com/port-news/port-productivity/inttra-data-shows-containers-staying-longer-ports_20141015.html. Joseph Bonney, JOC.com. October 15 2014. Retrieved February 21 2017
- "Ships dock at a single portal". http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/16447b4c-19bb-11da-804e-00000e2511c8.html?ft_site=falcon&desktop=true#axzz4ZQMrzM9p. Sarah Murray, Financial Times. August 31 2005. Retrieved February 22 2017
- "Investor Puts $30 Million into INTTRA". http://www.joc.com/maritime-news/investor-puts-30-million-inttra_20100129.html. Journal of Commerce News. Retrieved February 5 2017
- "Descartes Showcases Customer Successes at Global User Group Conference". http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/globenewswire/202380.htm. CNN Money. September 27 2010. Retrieved February 22 2017
- "Stats from the high seas: Stormy weather ahead". http://www.cnbc.com/2013/11/29/ocean-shipping-stats-signal-economic-slump-ahead.html. CNBC. Novewmber 30 2013. Retrieved February 22 2017
- "New Shipping Container Rule Riles Exporters". https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-shipping-container-rule-riles-exporters-1449243222. Loretta Chao, Wall St. Journal. December 4 2015. Retrieved February 22 2017
- "INTTRA secures $9.5 million in financing". http://www.americanshipper.com/main/news/inttra-secures-95-million-in-financing-60731.aspx?taxonomy=americanshippermagazine. Eric Johnson, American Shipper. July 1 2015. Retrieved February 4 2017
- "JDA and INTTRA: More partnerships to come this year". http://www.americanshipper.com/main/news/jda-and-inttra-more-partnerships-to-come-this-year-62709.aspx. Eric Johnson, American Shipper. January 19 2016. Retrieved January 31 2017
- "Ocean Carriers Launch Web Sites". https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-68657425.html. Chemical Week. DEcember 13 2000. Retrieved February 21 2017
- "Kuehne + Nagel will use INTTRA for all eVGM submissions". http://theloadstar.co.uk/kuehne-nagel-will-use-inttra-evgm-submissions/. Gavin van Marle, The Loadstar. May 25 2016. Retrieved February 21 2017