Idin Samimi Mofakham
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 17 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Idin_Samimi_Mofakham. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Idin_Samimi_Mofakham, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Idin_Samimi_Mofakham.
Samimi Mofakham applies contemporary approaches to the traditional and folk music of Iran.
In 2013, Samimi Mofakham along with his wife the Polish composer Martyna KoseckaIdin, cofounded the Spectro Centre for New Music. He is also the co-founder and artistic adviser of Contemporary music Circle of Tehran Modern Art Museum. Since 2015, he has been in cooperation with Tehran Contemporary Music Festival, which is the only international music festival with focus on contemporary and experimental music in Iran. He is also a member of the Iranian Society of Composers. He actively engaged himself with the academic world and is a founding member of composition and music theory department in the University of Applied Science and Technology in Tehran. Samimi Mofakham has been an invited lecturer in various universities and institutions inside and outside of Iran, namely, Central Conservatory of Music Beijing in China, Hochschule für Musik Carl Maria von Weber in Germany, electronic music studio at the Academy of Music in Krakow, The Royal College of Music Stockholm in Sweden and Universität für Musik und Darstellende Kunst Graz in Austria. As an invited composer he took part in different festivals all around the world, namely, 4020 (Linz) , IMPULS (Austria), Convergence (Georgia), LUCA – campus Lemmensinstituut (Belgium), Ostrava Days and NODO – New Opera Days Ostrava (Czech Republic), MATA and Christian Wollf’s Birthday festival (USA), MUSICACOUSTICA-BEIJING (China), International Festival of Symphonic Music in Tashkent (Uzbekistan). In 2014, the Swedish Arts Grants committee, awarded him the grant for a residency in VISBY center for composers in Sweden.  The music of Samimi Mofakham has been performed and recorded by various renowned ensembles. In Iran, he collaborated mainly with Nivak Ensemble and Nilper Orchestra. Internationally, he was involved in productions with organizations such as Klangforum Wien, S.E.M Ensemble, Hermes Ensemble, Omnibus Ensemble, Moto Perpetuo, AuditivVokal Dresden, Momenta Quartet, IAMA Trio, Ostravská Banda, Stockholm Saxophone Quartet and Xelmya Trio.
- "Programme of EMRUZ | VANDAAG by Sam Asaert and HERMESensemble conducted by Koen Kessels (25 April 2018)" (in nl). https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/desingel-media/a1i0N00000P0LLrQAN.pdf.
- "فستیوال بین المللی موسیقی معاصر تهران". https://tehrancmf.com/fa-ir/composers/idin-samimi/.
- "مصاحبه با آیدین صمیمی مفخم و مارتینا کوسسکا". https://www.gratomic.com/%DA%AF%D9%81%D8%AA%DA%AF%D9%88-%D8%A8%D8%A7-%D8%A2%DB%8C%D8%AF%DB%8C%D9%86-%D8%B5%D9%85%DB%8C%D9%85%DB%8C-%D9%85%D9%81%D8%AE%D9%85-%D9%88-%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AA%DB%8C%D9%86%D8%A7-%DA%A9%D9%88/.
- "Idin Samimi Mofakham". http://www.idin-samimi.com/biography/.
- "Music duo Kosecka, Samimi touring Europe". 2018-11-25. https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/429873/Music-duo-Kosecka-Samimi-touring-Europe.
- "Idin Samimi Mofakham". https://matafestival.org/2015/idin-samimi-mofakham/.
- Sels, Liselotte. “Cross-Cultural Performance of Iranian Contemporary Music: Hommage à Abolhasan Saba and Masnavi.” International Journal of the Study of Music and Musical Performance 1.1 (2019): 63–73.
- Russell, Platt (2017-07-07). "A Showcase for New Music from the Islamic World". https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/a-showcase-for-new-music-from-the-islamic-world.