Jane Gray (supercentenarian)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 30 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Jane_Gray_(supercentenarian). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jane_Gray_(supercentenarian), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jane_Gray_(supercentenarian).
(aged Template:Age in years and days)
Smithfield, New South Wales, Australia
|Known for||Oldest living person in Australia 15 August 2012 – 7 June 2014|
|Spouse(s)||Jock Gray (m. 1927–1987; his death)|
Born in Newtyle, Scotland, Gray met her future husband Jock Gray on a blind date in Scotland in 1922 and married him in 1927; having arrived in Australia they ran a poultry farm. The couple were married for 60 years before Jock died. They had two children, nine grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren. Her daughter began taking care of her at their home in Smithfield, New South Wales in 2004. She described her secret to longevity as being "eat plenty and don't drink booze or smoke".
Until 2013, Gray lived at home with her daughter and expressed her hope to become the world's oldest living person. She then moved into a nursing home. She died from natural causes on 7 June 2014, aged Template:Age in years and days. After her death Vi Robbins became the oldest living Australian person.
- Matheson, Melissa (28 November 2012). "111-year-old Jane Gray's big hopes for the future". The Daily Telegraph. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/year-old-jane-grays-big-hopes-for-the-future/story-e6freuy9-1226525247883.
- "Current Validated Living Supercentenarians". Gerontology Research Group. Archived from the original on 1 December 2007. https://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grg.org%2FAdams%2FE.HTM&date=2007-12-01.
- "Australia’s oldest person, Jane Gray, dead at 112". The Daily Telegraph. June 8, 2014. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/australias-oldest-person-jane-gray-dead-at-112/story-fni0cx12-1226947660504?nk=d532f0f5578d3f363501e156769a1d84. Retrieved January 16, 2016.
- Matheson, Melissa (30 November 2011). "Jane Gray is 110 years young and still happily living at home". The Daily Telegraph. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/jane-gray-is-110-years-young-and-still-happily-living-at-home/story-e6freuzi-1226209670904.
- "Meet Jane Gray, Australia's Oldest Living Person At 112". International Business Times. 2013-12-04. http://www.ibtimes.com.au/meet-jane-gray-australias-oldest-living-person-112-1325781. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- Vi Robbins becomes Australia's oldest person Retrieved 2014-07-13.