Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 14 2013. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Juvenile_Diabetes_Cure_Alliance. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Juvenile_Diabetes_Cure_Alliance, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Juvenile_Diabetes_Cure_Alliance.
The JDCA provides two free services to the type 1 community. The organization regularly publishes a series of research and analysis reports on topics related to cure progress, and it also provides an advisory service to donors who want transparency into how their gift is being used. The JDCA monitors the use of funds of organizations including the JDRF, American Diabetes Association, Diabetes Research Institute Foundation and Joslin Diabetes Center.
The JDCA caters to a community of 16,000 donors and is independent from the organizations it covers.
The JDCA was founded in 2011 by former Activision Blizzard president and current board co-chairman Brian G. Kelly after his son, Tommy, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of two. The JDCA seeks to apply the best practices of the business world to type 1 diabetes non-profit organizations. The JDCA is based in New York City.
- "Finding a "Practical Cure" for Diabetes". Diabetic Connect. http://www.diabeticconnect.com/diabetes-information-articles/general/707-finding-a-practical-cure-for-diabetes.
- John Parkinson (13 April 2012). "Follow the Donations: Accounting for the Monies Given to the Largest Research Foundations". DiabetesCare.net. http://www.diabetescare.net/content_upclose_detail.asp?id=446271. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Deanna Pogorelc (22 October 2013). "Research analysis finds “little tangible progress toward a cure” for type 1 diabetes". MedCityNews. http://medcitynews.com/2013/10/research-analysis-finds-little-tangible-progress-toward-cure-type-1-diabetes/.
- "Report: Juvenile Diabetes Cure Alliance finds lack of progress toward type 1 diabetes cure". Philanthropy Journal. 11 November 2013. http://www.philanthropyjournal.org/news/top-stories/report-juvenile-diabetes-cure-alliance-finds-lack-progress-toward-type-1-diabetes-c.
- JDCA (5 December 2013). "JDCA Media Kit". JDCA. http://www.thejdca.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/JDCA-Media-Kit.pdf.
- "Aligning Donors to Fight Diabetes". The Wall Street Journal. 12 June 2013. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324688404578541861985626122.html. Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- "Company Overview of Activision, Inc.". Bloomberg Businessweek. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=181235&privcapId=24281&previousCapId=24281&previousTitle=Activision,%20Inc. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Brenda Neugent (24 September 2013). "Millions Going to Big Diabetes Non-Profits, But With Little Accountability". DiabetesHealth.com. http://diabeteshealth.com/read/2013/09/24/7999/millions-going-to-big-diabetes-non-profits-but-with-little-accountability/. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- Amy T. (14 June 2013). "From "Diabetes Dad" to Practical Cure Researcher". Diabetes Mine. http://www.diabetesmine.com/2013/06/from-diabetes-dad-to-practical-cure-researcher.html. Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- Doug Donavan (22 September 2013). "Nonprofit Leader Pushes Idea of Tying Executive Pay to Progress in Accomplishing Mission". The Chronicle of Philanthropy. http://philanthropy.com/article/Donor-Pushes-Idea-of-Tying-CEO/141739/. Retrieved 14 December 2013.