- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 4 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kailaasa. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kailaasa, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kailaasa.
Template:Infobox country Kailaasa is a micronation founded by fugitive self-proclaimed Hindu godman Nithyananda. The alleged location of the micronation is an island near Trinidad and Tobago or Ecuador. It is not recognized as such by any world government or major international organization.
According to the website, the official languages of the micronation are English, Sanskrit and Tamil. The website also claims the country stands for universal free healthcare, free education, free food, and revival of a "temple-based lifestyle". It is planned to have its own cabinet, government departments, flag, passport and 'Dharmic Economy', and a reserve bank, where cryptocurrency will be accepted.
According to unconfirmed reports, a South Indian actress, known only as 'Maa', has been named Prime Minister. Nithyananda is in the process of forming the cabinet. Kailaasa will have several government departments, including education, treasury and commerce. There will be a 'Department of Enlightened Civilisation' which will work on revival.
In December 2019, the Ecuadorian embassy in New Delhi said that it "categorically denies the statement wherever published that Nithyananda was given asylum by Ecuador or has been helped by the Government of Ecuador in purchasing any land or island in South America."
- "All you need to know about Nithyananda's own 'Hindu nation' Kailaasa - Times of India" (in en). https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/all-you-need-to-know-about-nithyanandas-own-hindu-nation-kailaasa/articleshow/72361204.cms.
- "Fugitive rape-accused Nithyananda declares his own Hindu island nation 'Kailaasa' near Ecuador". https://www.businesstoday.in/trending/world/rape-accused-nithyananda-declares-hindu-nation-kailaasa-ecuador/story/391472.html.
- "Wanted Indian guru resurfaces to announce new 'cosmic' country". https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/12/wanted-indian-guru-resurfaces-announce-cosmic-country-191205032319372.html.
- Ellis-Peterson, Hannah (5 December 2019). "Fugitive Indian guru establishes 'cosmic country off Ecuador'". The Guardian. https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/dec/05/fugitive-indian-guru-establishes-island-nation-off-ecuador. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- Mantri, Geetika (3 December 2019). "Wondering what rape-accused Nithyananda has been up to? He's founded a 'country'". https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/wondering-what-rape-accused-nithyananda-has-been-he-s-founded-country-113387.
- "Ecuador Says It Denied Nithyananda Asylum; MEA Says He Left India Without Passport". https://thewire.in/diplomacy/ecuador-nithyananda-asylum-denied-mea-passport.