- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 17 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kartikeya_Sharma. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kartikeya_Sharma. Template:Pp-pc1
|Born||May 14, 1981|
|Known for||India News, NewsX, The Sunday Guardian, Aaj Samaj, Piccadily Group|
Kartikeya Sharma (born May 14, 1981) is an Indian business executive and entrepreneur. He is the managing director of ITV Media network, an umbrella company that runs several television, print and online media in India. He is also the owner of the Pro Wrestling League.
Personal life and education
Sharma was born on 14 May 1981. He is the youngest son, and has one brother, and one sister. He graduated from Oxford University in Business Management with honours and completed Master's degree from King's College London. On 22 November 2011, Sharma married to Aishwarya Sharma, the daughter of Haryana States Assembly's former speaker Kuldeep Sharma.
Following his graduation from King's College, Sharma was appointed Piccadily Group's managing director in 2004. In 2007, Sharma launched ITV Media. He also launched a network of regional TV channels through India News; as of 2015 India News operated five regional channels broadcasting across Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar and Jharkhand.
Later on, Sharma acquired, through ITV Media, English language news channel NewsX. He entered the print media with the acquisition of The Sunday Guardian, an English language Sunday newspaper, and Aaj Samaj, a Hindi language daily newspaper. He has also been involved with News Wire Services, an Indian TV news wire service.
Apart from his business in the media sector, Sharma is the promoter of the Hyatt Regency, Gurgaon and Hyatt Regency, Ludhiana, and Hilton Hotel in Delhi. In 2015, Sharma set up Pro Sportify with Ashish Chadha, CEO of the Sporty Solutionz, a company that runs the Pro Wrestling League.
- Won the award for the Best CEO of the Year at the 2016 eNBA Awards.
- "Kartikeya Sharma’s iTV Network set to pick up stake in Trilogic Digital | TelevisionPost.com". Television Post. http://www.televisionpost.com/television/kartikeya-sharmas-itv-network-set-to-pick-up-stake-in-trilogic-digital/. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- Malvania, Urvi. "ITV Network, Trilogic join hands". Business Standard. http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/itv-network-trilogic-join-hands-115100700960_1.html. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Kartikeya Sharma Director profile". allcompanydata.com. http://www.allcompanydata.com/in/director-details/kartikeya-sharma/66621. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Advisory Board". India News. http://indianewsacademy.com/advisory_board.php. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Kartikeya Sharma". inkhabar.com. http://www.inkhabar.com/kartikeya-sharma. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Karnal gears up for mega wedding today". www.timesofindia.com. 22 November 2011. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Karnal-gears-up-for-mega-wedding-today/articleshow/10824486.cms. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- Singh, Anita (22 November 2011). "Karnal gears up for mega wedding today - Times of India". The Times of India. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Karnal-gears-up-for-mega-wedding-today/articleshow/10824486.cms. Retrieved 23 August 2016.
- "Kartikeya Sharma, Promoter - Sunday Guardian, iTV Network". The Sunday Guardian. 13 April 2015. http://www.sunday-guardian.com/kartikeya-sharma. Retrieved 23 August 2016.
- Pushkarna, Shruti (17 July 2012). "ITV to see NewsX get scale with substance". mxmindia.com. http://www.mxmindia.com/2012/07/itv-to-see-newsx-get-scale-with-substance/. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- Sabherwal, Simran; Achhpal, Henna (4 Jul 2015). "Story of a Media Entrepreneur: Kartikeya Sharma". The Sunday Guardian. http://www.sunday-guardian.com/story-of-a-media-entrepreneur-kartikeya-sharma. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Tycoons testing their luck in Haryana". The Hindu. 12 October 2014.
- "Quick five with Kartikeya Sharma on NewsX purchase". www.exchange4media.com. http://www.exchange4media.com/tv/quick-five-with-kartikeya-sharma-on-newsx-purchase_47245.html. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "ITV to see NewsX get scale with substance". www.mxmindia.com. http://www.mxmindia.com/2012/07/itv-to-see-newsx-get-scale-with-substance/. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Interview: Kartikeya Sharma, Managing Director, iTV Network". Bestmediainfo.com. 29 December 2014. http://www.bestmediainfo.com/2014/12/interview-kartikeya-sharma-managing-director-itv-network/. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Advisory Board". indianewsacademy.com. http://indianewsacademy.com/advisory_board.php. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Web of political links helped Vadra’s land deals". The Hindu. http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/web-of-political-links-helped-vadras-land-deals/article4059110.ece. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "iTV Network MD Kartikeya Sharma invests in Pro Wrestling League". Indiantelevision.com. 24 Jul 2015. http://www.indiantelevision.com/television/tv-channels/sports/itv-network-md-kartikeya-sharma-invests-in-pro-wrestling-league-150724. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Now, a pro wrestling league in India". www.livemint.com. http://www.livemint.com/Consumer/pTGzJeEw89wTMKFnR4xq1L/Now-a-pro-wrestling-league-in-India.html. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- "We will be launching India News Business by next quarter: Kartikeya Sharma". www.exchange4media.com. http://www.exchange4media.com/tv/we-will-be-launching-india-news-business-by-next-quarterkartikeya-sharma_54186.html. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "iTV Network wins big at the eNBA Awards 2016". NewsX. http://www.newsx.com/national/57022-itv-network-wins-big-at-the-enba-awards-2016. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- Kartikeya Sharma's linkedin profile