Kelvin Wu (financier)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 14 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kelvin_Wu_(financier). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kelvin_Wu_(financier), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kelvin_Wu_(financier).
|Kelvin Wu King Shiu|
Kelvin Wu King Shiu|
October 8, 1969
|Occupation||Investor and businessman|
|Known for||Cofounder, charimain of AID Partners|
Kelvin Wu King Shiu (born September 8, 1969) is a Hong Kong financier and business person. He is the executive chairman and cofounder of AID Partners and AIDGenomics which is the parent company of GeneSort. He also seed-funded Dave.com (personal finance app) with Mark Cuban.
Early life and education
From 2009 to 2011, Kelvin was the CEO of Legendary East Ltd and Orange Sky Golden Harvest Entertainment Ltd. Over the years, Kelvin has served and advised on the board of multiple companies, including Shunwei Capital Partners (China), Brave Entertainment (S. Korea) and Kabushiki Kaisha Hyakusen (Japan). In 2013 Kelvin acquired the Hong Kong and Singapore outlets of the bankrupt music retail chain HMV. Within AID Group, Kelvin is also the chief investment Officer of AID Partners Technology Holding Ltd, Principal Partner of AID's private equity fund and non-executive director of HMV Digital China Group Ltd.
- "Ice Cube Partners with Hong Kong Investor Kelvin Wu" (in en-US). https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ice-cube-partners-hong-kong-investor-kelvin-wu-230715621.html.
- "Ice cube hong kong investor Kelvin Wu". September 13, 2019. https://variety.com/2017/film/asia/ice-cube-hong-kong-investor-kelvin-wu-1201967369/.
- "Legendary Forges Partnership With Hong Kong Financier". 2019-09-16. https://www.thewrap.com/legendary-partners-huayi-brothers-media-create-event-films-global-audience-28091/.
- "AID Partners buys Israel's GeneSort for $23m" (in he). May 9, 2017. https://en.globes.co.il/en/article-aid-partners-buys-israels-genesort-for-23m-1001187888.
- "Legendary secures $220 mln for China movie venture" (in en). Reuters. 2011-08-21. https://uk.reuters.com/article/industry-us-legendary-china-idUKTRE77K2YR20110821.
- Fuscaldo, Donna. "Personal Finance App Dave Launches Mobile Banking; Raises $110 Million in Debt". https://www.forbes.com/sites/donnafuscaldo/2019/06/18/personal-finance-app-dave-launches-mobile-banking-raises-110-million-in-debt/.
- "Dave Investors list". September 13, 2019. https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/dave-com/investors/investors_list.
- "Kelvin Wu Linkedin Profile". September 13, 2019. https://www.linkedin.com/in/kelvin-wu-70a86092.
- "Changing the World, One Firm at a Time—Kelvin Wu creates impact via private equity" (in en). http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/english/features/kelvin_wu.html.
- "Chinese Film Studios | China Hollywood Society". https://www.chinahollywood.org/chinese-film-studios.
- "BRIEF-AID Life Science Says Wu King Shiu, Kelvin Resigned As CEO" (in en-US). https://finance.yahoo.com/news/brief-aid-life-science-says-063026166.html.
- "Orange sky golden harvest celebrates anniversary with expansion plans". September 13, 2019. https://variety.com/2015/film/spotlight/orange-sky-golden-harvest-celebrates-anniversary-with-expansion-plans-1201454747/.
- "OSGH open four mutiplexes in chinese speaking territories". September 13, 2019. https://www.screendaily.com/osgh-opens-four-multiplexes-in-chinese-speaking-territories/5009091.article.
- "Hong Kong HMV store faces the music over unpaid rent". November 15, 2018. https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/law-and-crime/article/2173444/hmv-store-hong-kongs-kowloon-bay-faces-eviction-over.
- Tone, Sixth (2019-09-16). "Why the Curtain Is Falling on Chinese Investment in Hollywood" (in en). http://www.sixthtone.com/news/1001212/why-the-curtain-is-falling-on-chinese-investment-in-hollywood.
- Shackleton2011-08-25T12:44:00+01:00, Liz. "China’s international ambitions" (in en). https://www.screendaily.com/comment/chinas-international-ambitions/5031204.article.
- "Shoppers turned away as HMV winds up 25-year-old Hong Kong retail chain". Yahoo! News. https://sg.news.yahoo.com/shoppers-turned-away-hmv-winds-064303650.html.
- "‘HMV is getting an upgrade in Hong Kong’: Buyer explains how he turned around failing business in two years and why vinyl is back". December 2, 2015. https://www.scmp.com/tech/enterprises/article/1885928/hmv-getting-upgrade-hong-kong-buyer-explains-how-he-turned-around.