- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 15 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kirk_Fernandez. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kirk_Fernandez, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kirk_Fernandez.
Template:Short description oooh, orphan
August 13, 1979|
Cody, Wyoming, U.S.
|Alma mater||Pepperdine University|
|Occupation||Chief Executive Officer|
Founding Solutionz Conferencing, Inc. Founder of Green Source Automation, Owner of PARC environmental, Owner of John Deere Dealerships (TX, OK, AR), Owner of Ecivis,Founder of Fernandez Holdings
Fernandez Holdings, Inc. |
Audio Visual Integration
Grants Management Software
Kirk Russell Fernandez (born August 13, 1979) is an American entrepreneur. As a student at Pepperdine University, he founded the video conferencing firm, Solutionz Conferencing, Inc. in 2001 after attending video conferencing tradeshows and discussing the industry with his older brother, who worked in the field. Seeing no market leader, Fernandez set his sights on creating a company that would become just that. Using capital from a contracting company that he founded while still in high school, he established Solutionz Videoconferencing, Inc. (Solutionz Conferencing, Inc.). Solutionz Conferencing, Inc. is a North American–based, nationwide total conferencing firm specializing in video conferencing, audio conferencing, audio visual integrations, managed services, and grant services. Fernandez serves as Solutionz' President and CEO.
Fernandez also sits on the Board of Directors and has ownership in a wide range of other companies. These companies include Fernandez Holdings, Inc., an American holding firm that owns multiple companies; Green Source Automation LLC, which provides industrial robotic arms for rotary parlors; Boon Inc., which creates innovative and stylish children's products; Keen Distributing, which distributes innovative parenting products; and Bringham LLC, a real estate holding firm. In 2010, Fernandez purchased eCivis, Inc., an online grant management software system for local governments and community-based organizations. And in March 2011 Fernandez' firm, Spire Global, which was founded in 2006 as the exclusive distributor of Sony video conferencing products in the United States, was acquired by Stampede, the leading value-added distributor of professional audio video (ProAV) solutions.
Awards and recognitions
Fernandez founded Solutionz Conferencing, Inc. (Solutionz) in 2001 and since its inception has grown it to be one of the leading video conferencing and audio visual (a/v) integration firms in North America by achieving the highest level of certification status from two of its leading manufacturers, Polycom and TANDBERG. Solutionz is a Polycom First Tier Platinum Partner, a Polycom Enterprise Certified Reseller, and a Polycom Certified Service Partner. Solutionz is also a TANDBERG Platinum Partner Reseller and a TANDBERG Accredited Service Partner.
In 2003, Entrepreneur Magazine named Fernandez as one of their Young Millionaires.
In 2004 and 2006 Polycom named Fernandez' firm, Solutionz Conferencing, Inc., the Fastest Growing Video Conferencing Firm in North America. In 2005 Polycom recognized Solutionz with North America's Award of Excellence in Marketing and in 2008 with North America's Award for Video Conference Reseller of the Year.
Fernandez is also an advocate of philanthropic ventures. Fernandez donates video conference equipment to non-profits, universities, and hearing impaired organizations. Notable donations include the Freedom Calls Foundation, a public charity and a non-profit organization that bridges the communication gap between American soldiers in Iraq with their families back home, and Pepperdine University, Fernandez's alma mater where he set up a video conference room in Seaver College's School of Communications.
Kirk Russell Fernandez was born and raised in Cody, Wyoming by his parents Roger and Fran. His father is a cathodic protection engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah, and his mother is a business advisor in Hamilton, Montana. Kirk is the fifth of six children, with four older siblings, Naomi, Ryan, Shawn, and Pepper, and one younger sister, Nicole. In 2010, Kirk married Jennifer Hill.
Fernandez graduated from Pepperdine University, Seaver College in 2003 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.
- , Kooser, Amanda and April Pennington, Karen Spaeder, Nichole Torres. "Beyond Their Years". Entrepreneur Magazine. November 2003.
- , Solutionz About Us. Retrieved 16 July 2009.
- , Polycom Promises Simple Video Conferencing Networks for Partners, 1 August 2008.
- Template:Dead link, Green Source Automation. Retrieved 16 July 2009.
- , Boon Inc. Retrieved 16 July 2009.
- , eCivis Inc. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
- , Polycom Certified Service Partner. Retrieved 16 July 2009.
- , Solutionz Awards and Certifications. Retrieved 16 July 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-11-02. https://web.archive.org/web/20091102144053/http://www.polycom.com/company/news_room/press_releases/2009/20090616.html. Retrieved 2009-07-16. , Polycom Awards Top U.S. Channel Partners, 16 June 2009.
- , Freedom Calls Foundation. Retrieved 16 July 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. https://web.archive.org/web/20110715230804/http://www.salesforcexp.com/edit/200703/cover.php. Retrieved 2009-07-16. , Nolan, Paul. "The Accelerator: Workplace recognition can bridge the gap between where your team is now and where it can be". Sales Force XP. Retrieved 16 July 2009.
-  Template:Webarchive, Pepperdine Business Administration Division. Retrieved 16 July 2009.