- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 12 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kirt_Jacobs. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kirt_Jacobs, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kirt_Jacobs.
Jacobs in May 2017
William Kirtley "Kirt" Jacobs|
November 13, 1968
Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Kentucky (B.S.)|
|Occupation||Talk show host, Commercial Real Estate|
|Spouse(s)||Cynthia Fanning (2009-present)|
|Parents||Jack Hughes Jacobs, Elisabeth Kirtley Jacobs|
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (September 2017)
Kirt Jacobs is the host and producer of the talk show MoxieTalk. Kirt Jacobs (born William Kirtley Jacobs, November 13, 1968) is an American talk show and podcast host. In 2005, he began his broadcasting career as the creator and host of Leadership Landscape, a local talk show in Louisville, KY designed to showcase the vision and influence of local leaders. After 150+ interviews, the program was renamed Leadership Landscape TV in 2013. In 2016, Jacobs modernized the platform to take advantage of new multimedia technology and relaunched the program on a national scale as MoxieTalk with Kirt Jacobs. Today, Kirt as host and creator of moxietalk.com, has interviewed over 215 guests.
Early life and family
Jacobs was born in Louisville, KY to Jack Hughes Jacobs and Elisabeth Kirtley Jacobs. Jack Jacobs was a successful commercial real estate professional while Elizabeth Jacobs was a high school educator and a realtor. He has one sister that resides in Louisville.
Kirt is an active supporter of various community organizations including the American Red Cross, Metro United Way, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, the Louisville Downtown Rotary Chapter and The Olmsted Parks Conservatory.
Jacobs attended Belknap elementary and I.N. Bloom Elementary for grade school, Highland Middle School where famed American journalist and author Hunter S. Thompson attended and Atherton High School the same high school of famed detective novelist Sue Grafton. Jacobs attended the University of Kentucky and received his BS in finance, with minor in theater both in 1994. While at University of Kentucky, Kirt received his Associate’s degree in Applied Science from Lexington Community College (the University of Kentucky did not offer real estate courses in the early 1990’s) As well as graduating top of his class with a 1992 Outstanding Student Achievement Award in real estate.
During 1998-2003, Kirt resided in Southern California and received a certificate in business and management of entertainment with a specialization in marketing and distribution of feature films from UCLA extension.
Jacobs has more than 25+ years of experience in the real estate industry & has closed over $20 million in transactions during his career. As an investment sales specialist & CCIM, Jacobs exclusively represented buyers and sellers of investment properties throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky. From 2011 to 2014, Jacobs was the multifamily specialist for the national real estate investment sales firm of Marcus & Millichap's office in Louisville, KY.
He also served as an economic development officer for Louisville Metro Government  from 2003-2011 where he worked on a multitude of local economic development projects including the first-ever Costco to Kentucky.
Jacobs also served as an Associate Director of Development for the Sigma Chi Foundation, an educational funding resource for the undergraduate and graduate student members of the. Sigma Chi Fraternity, overseeing the states of AL, KY, MS, NC, TN, WV, and VA.
In 2005, Kirt Jacobs conceived an interview talk show to showcase the vision and influence of local leaders and launched Leadership Landscape in partnership with MetroTV. Over 215 guests have been featured on this TV forum including leaders from the world of politics, business, sports, entertainment, art, community activism, and philanthropy. Today, MoxieTalk is a multimedia platform that continues this format on a national scale.
- NCAA Coach Denny Crum
- Pat Day
- Governor Matt Bevin
- United States Senator Mitch McConnell
- Mayor Greg Fisher
- Tom Jurich
- Gill Holland
- Paul Hornung
- Governor Mike Huckabee
- Joni Jenkins
- U.S. Congressman John Yarmuth
- Mayor Jerry Abramson
- Rebecca Jackson
- Coach James O'Connor
- Jack Conway
- Trey Grayson
- Derek Anderson
- Miss America 2000 Heather French Henry
Jacobs is the recipient of numerous awards including the Young Professional Association of Louisville’s Most Valuable Young Professional, Business First’s 40 Under 40, Leadership Louisville Center’s Connectors and Bingham Fellows. He was also named a Louisville Connector.
- "Leadership Landscape on KET". https://www.ket.org/series/KLLAN/.
- "News article from 2012 on WLKY". http://www.wlky.com/article/long-serving-councilman-faces-challenger-in-district-8-race-1/3740942.
- "Sigma Chi Foundation Scholarship Donors List". https://foundation.sigmachi.org/station.php?id=scholarships.
- "MetroTV". https://louisvilleky.gov/government/metrotv/metrotv-program-schedule.
- "MoxieTalk Guest List". https://moxietalk.com/guests.
- "MoxieTalk with Kirt Jacobs reveals many great moments". InsiderLouisville. February 20, 2017. https://insiderlouisville.com/sponsored/moxietalk-with-kirt-jacobs-reveals-many-great-moments.
- "MoxieTalk with Kirt Jacobs". https://www.ket.org/series/KMOXI/.
- "Podcasts on Libsyn". https://directory.libsyn.com/shows/view/id/86331.