- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 20 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Kishoo_Barkur. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kishoo_Barkur, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Kishoo_Barkur.
About Kishoo (Kishore Gonsalves)
Kishore Gonsalves, known as 'Kishoo Barkur', comes from a small town called Barkur, in Udupi Taluk. He was born on 19 May 1969. His initial education was done in Barkur. He did his technical education in Karnataka (Govt.) Polytechnic, Mangalore. Meanwhile he also worked at Sandesha.
Creative Works in Konkani
|Year||Name of the Book||Remarks||Awards|
|2002||Rupnnim||Collection of Stories||Karnataka Konkani Sahithya academy award|
|Year||Name of the Book||Remarks||Publisher||Awards|
|1998||DhaakTyaa devaachim bhu ಧಾಕ್ಟ್ಯಾ ದೆವಾಚಿಂ ಭುರ್ಗಿಂ||Collection of Poems||-||-|
Music album lyricist
- Name: Thembe Thembe
- Year: 2012
- Publisher: Kevin Misquith
Propagation of Konkani Poetry via Kavita Trust
Kavita Trust was formed in 2006. Kishoo Barkur played a very active role, along with Melvyn Rodrigues . The Trust has its mission as "To function as a "School for the Promotion and Propagation of Konkani poetry". It operates out of Mangalore. It conducts several activities  to promote Konkani poetry such as
- Endowment Lectures by eminent poets- Yearly
- Kavita Fest (Konkani Poetry Festival) - Yearly
- Konkani Poetry Publications
- All India Konkani Poetry Writing Competition for Students - Yearly
- All India Konkani Poetry Reciting Competition for Youth - Yearly
- All India Konkani Poetry Reciting Competition for Children - Yearly
He is the founder and editor of the website www.barkuronline.com.
He is the founder president of the cultural group "The expressions". It was founded in 2005. This group encourages the talents in and around Barkur. It provides a stage to showcase the talents in singing, dancing and acting.
Kishoo Barkur has rendered his voice for the Konkani album "thuru ruttu ttooo".
Awards and Recognitions
- 2002 : Karnataka Sahithya Academy award
- 2012 : Nominated for '5th Global Konkani Music Awards'
- 2012: Yuvajanotsava award