- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 16 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:LLamasoft. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/LLamasoft, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/LLamasoft.
LLamasoft, Inc. is a software and services company that develops and markets technology to model and optimize supply chain networks. The company is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan with additional offices in Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, South Africa and the UK.
The company was founded as LLamasoft Corp. in Utah in 1998 by Donald Hicks. In 2000, he sold the company to the Ann Arbor-based company Crystallize Inc., and began working for the company. After leaving the company and earning a MBA from University of Michigan, he purchased the intellectual property back from Crystallize with Toby Brzoznowski in 2003 and the pair began working to build LLamasoft again.
In 2012, the company raised $6 million in its first round of venture capital led by MK Capital. As part of the investment, Josh Beebe, a partner at MK Capital, joined the LLamasoft board. Nike also reached an agreement with LLamasoft as a strategic investment partner and acquired a minority share of the company. At the same time, LLamasoft expanded its space in the First National Bank Building.
In April 2015, LLamasoft acquired IBM's LogicTools supply chain applications business unit and included a suite of transportation and inventory solutions.Template:Solution-inline The company raised $50 million in a Series B financing round by Goldman Sachs to help fund expansion, research, and development in September 2015. In November 2015, LLamasoft acquired the supply chain software division of the South African-based Barloworld Inc., and added its 100 employees to its staff.
The company's clients include Ford Motor Company, General Motors, General Mills, Michael Kors, Dow Corning, Grupo Nutresa, Land O' Lakes, McCormick & Co., RS Components, Ryder System, Inc., Schneider Electric, PECO Pallet, Turkcell, Wayfair and Ashley Furniture.
The company offers a variety of products to help clients optimize their supply chains. Supply Chain Guru enables users to model, optimize and simulate supply chain network operations as well as design alternatives and explore the service, performance, costs and risks associated with change. Transportation Guru integrates network design and transportation routing, enabling optimization of global transportation networks and simulation of cost and service improvements to existing transportation operations. Data Guru simplifies the transformation of data for business users and creates documented, repeatable, time-saving workflows. In 2017, the company announced Demand Guru, a demand modeling product that uses analytics to predict demand into the future while considering external influencers such as weather and economic factors.
Awards and recognition
From 2012 to 2014, LLamasoft was named to Deloitte's Technology Fast 500. In 2015, LLamasoft was listed as No. 1614 of the Inc. 5000. That same year, the company had two executives listed as a Pro to know and named to the Supply & Demand Chain Executive 100 by Supply & Demand Chain Executive magazine, and named a SIIA Codie awards Finalist for Best Supply Chain Management Solution by the Software and Information Industry Association. LLamasoft has been recognized by its customers as a 100 Great Supply Chain Partner by Supply Chain Brain and named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in Metro Detroit since 2013.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Dolan, Matthew (29 September 2015). "Ann Arbor tech firm reports $50-million investment". The Detroit Free Press. http://www.freep.com/story/money/business/michigan/2015/09/29/ann-arbor-tech-firm-50-million-investment/73042328/. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Henderson, Tom (4 October 2015). "LLamasoft Grows Into Record VC Investment". Crain's Detroit Business. http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20151004/NEWS/310049991/llamasoft-grows-into-record-vc-investment.
- "MK Capital invests in LLamasoft". Chicago Business Journal. 29 October 2012. http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2012/10/29/mk-capital-invests-in-llamasoft.html. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Siemers, Erik (23 October 2012). "Nike acquires minority stake in supply chain software company". Portland Business Journal. http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/threads_and_laces/2012/10/nike-acquires-minority-stake-in.html?page=all. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Schmid Stevenson, Sarah (1 November 2012). "Ann Arbor's Llamasoft Raises $6M Series A Round". http://www.xconomy.com/detroit-ann-arbor/2012/11/01/ann-arbors-llamasoft-raises-6m-series-a-round/.
- Freed, Ben (24 October 2012). "LLamasoft raises $6 million in venture capital as it expands in downtown Ann Arbor". The Ann Arbor News. http://www.annarbor.com/business-review/llamasoft-raises-6-million-in-venture-capital-and-is-expanding-in-downtown-ann-arbor/. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Johnson, Eric (1 April 2015). "LLamasoft Acquires IBM Supply Chain Products". American Shipper. http://www.americanshipper.com/Main/News/LLamasoft_acquires_IBM_supply_chain_products_59857.aspx.
- Ames, Ben (1 April 2015). "Llamasoft Acquires IBM's Supply Chain Application Suite". DC Velocity. http://www.dcvelocity.com/articles/20150401-llamasoft-acquires-ibms-supply-chain-application-suite/.
- "LLamasoft Closes $50 Million Series B Round With Goldman, Sachs". MiTechNews. 29 September 2015. http://mitechnews.com/featured/llamasoft-closes-50-million-series-b-round-with-goldman-sachs/. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Gillis, Chris (29 September 2015). "Goldman Sachs' $50m Financing To Boost Llamasoft's IT Development". American Shipper. http://www.americanshipper.com/Main/News/Goldman_Sachs_50m_financing_to_boost_Llamasofts_IT_61635.aspx#hide.
- Durr, Matt (3 November 2015). "LLamasoft Acquisition Adds About 100 Employees to Ann Arbor Company". http://www.mlive.com/business/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/11/llamasoft_acquire_competitor_a.html.
- Ames, Ben (4 November 2015). "LLamasoft Acquires Supply Chain Software Division From Barloworld". Supply Chain Quarterly. http://www.supplychainquarterly.com/news/scq20151104-llamasoft-acquires-supply-chain-software-division-from-barloworld/.
- Premack, Rachel (26 January 2016). "LLamasoft to Move Headquarters Into 60,000 Square Feet In Downtown Ann Arbor". Crain's Detroit Business. http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20160126/NEWS/160129875/llamasoft-to-move-headquarters-into-60000-square-feet-in-downtown.
- Durr, Matt (25 January 2016). "Fast-Growing Tech Firm to Replace Google As Main Tenant at McKinley Towne Centre". MLive. http://www.mlive.com/business/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2016/01/mckinley_signs_ann_arbor_softw.html.
- Clifford, Tyler (9 May 2017). "TPG Capital Buys Majority Stake in LLamasoft". Crain's Detroit Business. http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20170509/NEWS/170509792/tpg-capital-buys-majority-stake-in-llamasoft. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- Schmid Stevenson, Sarah (10 May 2017). "Roundup: LLamasoft, TechHire Bootcamp, Application Deadlines Galore". Xconomy. http://www.xconomy.com/detroit-ann-arbor/2017/05/10/roundup-llamasoft-techhire-bootcamp-application-deadlines-galore/. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- Gresham, Tom (April 2016). "Supply Chain Modeling: What Does the Future Hold?". Inbound Logistics. http://www.inboundlogistics.com/cms/article/supply-chain-modeling-what-does-the-future-hold/.
- "Multi-Stop Route To Minimize Transportation System Costs". Supply and Demand Chain Executive. June 10, 2014. http://www.sdcexec.com/news/11518108/transportation-guru-enables-designers-to-integrate-supply-chain-network-design-and-transportation-routing.
- "LLamasoft Launches Data Guru to Aid Business Analysts". CIO Review. May 30, 2014. http://www.cioreview.com/news/llamasoft-launches-data-guru-to-aid-business-analysts-nid-2150-cid-33.html.
- Gilmore, Dan (16 June 2017). "Trip Report: LLamasoft User Conference 2017". SupplyChainDigest. http://www.scdigest.com/firstthoughts/17-06-16.php?cid=12583&ctype=content. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- "Powerful Connections: Deloitte's Technology Fast 500". Deloitte.com. http://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/us/Documents/technology-media-telecommunications/us-tmt-2012-fast500-winners-brochure-020515.pdf.
- "Technology Fast 500: Powerful Connections". Deloitte.com. https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/us/Documents/technology-media-telecommunications/us-tmt-2013-fast500-winners-brochure-020515.pdf.
- "Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500". Deloitte.com. http://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/us/Documents/technology-media-telecommunications/us-tmt-fast500-2014-ranking-list.pdf.
- "The 2015 Inc. 5000". Inc.com. http://www.inc.com/inc5000.
- "Meet the 2015 Pros to Know". Supply & Demand Chain Executive. http://www.sdcexec.com/article/12048056/supply-demand-chain-executive-presents-the-15th-annual-listing-of-top-supply-chain-industry-professionals.
- "Introducing the SDCE 100 for 2015". Supply & Demand Chain Executive. http://www.sdcexec.com/news/12075297/introducing-the-sdce-100-for-2015.
- "LLamasoft Named SIIA CODiE Award Finalist for Best Supply Chain Management Solution". http://www.llamasoft.com/news/llamasoft-named-siia-codie-award-finalist-for-best-supply-chain-management-solution/.
- "At The Hershey Company, Data Drives Supply Chain Redesign". Supply Chain Brain. August 2014. http://www.supplychainbrain-digital.com/supplychainbrain/july_august_2014?search_term=LLamasoft&doc_id=-1&search_term=LLamasoft&pg=48#pg48.
- "Metro Detroit's 2016 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For". Best and Brightest. https://101bestandbrightest.com/events/metro-detroits-2016-best-and-brightest-companies-to-work-for/winners/.