- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 19 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Leila_Alaoui. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Leila_Alaoui, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Leila_Alaoui.
LifeLeila Alaoui was born in Paris to a Moroccan father and a French mother, and grew up in Marrakesh, Morocco.
Exhibition, film festival and video arts
Her work focused on social and national realities in graphical mode in documentary film and visual arts. She worked on the cultural identity and migration through the creation of images, reports and studio video installations, in particular through a portable studio.
- Video Streamer, Marseille
- Tribeca Film Festival , Tribeca , New York
- Aiva International Video Art Festival, Sweden
- Now & After / Сейчас & Потом, Video Art Festival / Price of the Jury, Moscow, Russia
- Cairo Video Festival, Cairo, Egypt
- Video Forever, Paris
Alaoui was seriously wounded by gunshots in the Cappuccino cafe terrace in the January 15, 2015 attacks in Burkina Faso. She died three days later.
- Bilefsky, Dan (2016-01-19). "Leila Alaoui, Photographer Wounded in Burkina Faso Siege, Dies at 33". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/20/world/africa/leila-alaoui-photographer-ouagadougou-attacks-dies.html.