- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 3 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Leon_Miguel. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Leon_Miguel, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Leon_Miguel.
Noel I. Aparilla|
December 17, 1968
|Occupation||Actor, model, engineer|
Leon Miguel is the screen name of Filipino actor, model, and engineer, Noel I. Aparilla (born December 17, 1968). He gained world-wide attention and notoriety for his role as the leading villain, Visel, in a Tribeca film crime-thriller entry, Graceland: A Life for Every Lie (2012) directed by Ron Morales. Graceland's premiere in the Tribeca Film Festival mesmerized audiences in the 2012 festival and was awarded Second Place in Audience Choice Award. Graceland also had its Canadian premiere in the Fantasia International Film Festival in July 2012 in Montreal, Canada and it also won Audience Award at the Gasparilla Film Festival in Tampa, Florida.
Having successfully participated in previous international film festivals, Leon Miguel is currently getting plenty of invites from various international film organisations for his latest work in Mang Abe's Ube, a modern-day folktale about a Filipino ube farmer trying to protect his magical source of success from corporate crooks, directed by Paolo Bitanga.
In a span of a little over a decade, Leon Miguel's career in the entertainment world was more than the typical story of an artist struggling to survive. He was into films, theatre, television shows and television commercial ads, practically accepting every possible role that he can get his hands into concentrating rather intently in sharpening his skills as an actor and learning the ropes and nuances of the industry.
He broke into international scenes through movies and television presentations appearing in American, Japanese and Italian movies shot in the Philippines. Such American movies were: In the Name of the Queen (1996) of NCRV/TEWES Production and directed by Bram Van Erkel, portraying the “Djahat Warrior” (Indonesian); Behind Enemy Lines (1998) of Philippine Film Studio, Inc. (PFSI) and directed by Mark Griffiths, playing as the “Vietnamese Gangster Leader;” Legacy (1998) of Star Pacific International Productions and directed by T.J. Scott, doing the role of a “Cambodian Rebel Leader,” together with David Hasselhoff and Rod Steiger; and Going Back (2000), of GFT Films, Inc. and directed by Sydney Furie, portraying as the “Vietnamese Thief,” together with the lead actor, Casper Van Dien.
Exotic Asian roles
Leon Miguel was remarked by many, to have an exotic Asian face and notable acting fitted for various Asian and native roles, which made him greatly preferred by international directors and producers. He was involved in various notable Filipino films. Among the local films were, Mulanay Sa Pusod Ng Paraiso (1996) directed by Gil Portes, Kamada (1997) directed by Raymond Red, and My Guardian Debil (1998). He appeared in Ara Mina's Nag-Aapoy Na Laman (2000) as “Chupon,” directed by Don Escudero, as well as in Bala Ko Ang Bahala Sa Iyo (2001), Rosario 18 (2001), Utang Ni Tatang (2002), Batas Ng Lansangan (2002), Bakat (2002), Lapu-Lapu (2002), Operation Balikatan (2003) and Paraiso (2005), where he did distinctive roles such as: kanto boy (Street Toughie), siga (Toughie) , syndicate member, school worker, youngter’s hoodlum, snatcher, hitman, rapist, bangkero (boatman), and rebel roles (Katipunero, Hukbalahap).
He was the guerilla named “Juan” in Concerto (2008), a Cinemalaya finalist directed by Paul Alexander Morales; as well as portrayed “Lobo” in Panahon Na (2009) and “Farmer” in Pendong (2010), both directed by Sean Lim and under Oxin Films. Further, he was a “Gangster,” in Third World Happy (2010) with Sam Milby as the lead actor, of CinemaOne/Brass Knuckers Inc., under the direction of Edward James Salcedo; the “Rebel” in CinemaOne Originals, Tsardyer (2010) directed by Sigfried Barros-Sanchez; and depicted the role of “Baloy” in Isda (Fable of the Fish) 2011 Cinemalaya entry, directed by Adolf Alix, Jr. In July 2012, he portrayed as Guerilla (Filipino soldier) in Death March, another film directed by Adolf Alix, Jr.
Leon Miguel also did several television commercial advertising as a Katipunero in KKK (Andres Bonifacio) (1998), and Isang Bandilla (Emilio Aguinaldo) (1998) for the Philippine Centennial Celebration. He was also the lead actor Katipunero in the Duty Free Centennial Presentation (2010) directed by Raymond Red. He also appeared in San Miguel Beer (2004), SMB Vietnam Setting commercial, Metro Bank (2004), Blend 45 (2005), SMB Walng Kupas (2005), Oracle (2006) and Touch Mobile (2008). He as well portrayed as a Chavacano Fisherman, in an intrusion project of GMA Channel 7 and Globe Company, in the music video Believe used as a Station ID for the Peace and Unity information-dissemination drive.
He was also featured in a Talk & Text (Hati) (2010) commercial, Snitch Choco Bar (Rockers Dream) (2010), Head & Shoulders (2010), Project Building Medicine TVC (2010), and Ayos Dito Rocker TVC.
|2013||El Peste Romansa||“Ron” The Rockstar||Richard Somes|
|2013||Metro Manila||The White-eyed Man||Sean Ellis|
|2012||Pantalan||Repair man||Hannah Laya Resurreccion|
|2012||GraceLand: A Life for Every Lie||Visel||Ron Morales|
|2012||Paglaya sa tanikala||Leon|
|2011||Mami||Beggar||Gregg Rodriguez III|
|2011||Isda (Fable of the Fish)||Baloy||Adolf Alix Jr.|
|2011||Ang Panday 2||Taumbayan|
|2011||Captive||Abu Sayaff||Brillante Mendoza|
|2010||Third World Happy||Gangster||Edward James Salcedo|
|2010||Regalo||Ron (Child Trafficker)||Carlo Alvarez|
|2010||Tulak (Short Film)||Second Lead|
|2009||Harang/ The Barrier (Short Film)||Carjacker||Mikhail Red|
|2009||Panahon na||Lobo||Sean Lim|
|2008||Infected Island||The Islander Guy||The Islander Guy|
|2008||Subject: I Love You||Man 1 (Abu Sayaff)||Francis de la Torre|
|2008||Disarmed/Specia Ops||Tomagan||Tom Shell|
|2008||Pedro(Short Film)||Pedro||Regeene Ho|
|2008||Concert||Juan||Paul Alexander Morales|
|2004||The Passion of Love||Warrior Prince||Late Bruno Matte|
|2003||Land of death||Native Tribesman Leader||Late Bruno Matte|
|2003||Operasyon Balikatan||NPA Leader|
|2002||Utang ni Tatang||Siga|
|2002||Lord of Creations/Midnight Festival||Tribesman||Toto Natividad|
|2002||Shattered Dreams||Thai Drug Pusher||Antonino Valerie|
|2001||Bala ko ang Bahala Sayo||Don Escudero|
|2001||Rosario 18||Kanto boy||Don Escudero|
|2000||Nag-aapoy na Laman||Chupon||Don Escudero|
|2000||Going back||Vietnamese Thief||Sydney Furie|
|1998||Legacy||Cambodian Rebel Leader||T.J. Scott|
|1998||Behind Enemy Lines||Vietnamese Gangster Leader||Mark Griffiths|
|1996||Mulanay sa Pusod ng Paraiso||Gil Portes|
|2014||Dynamic Trio Voltplex KQ, Reload Plus & Respigen 15||Cock Fighter||Buddy Gargancia|
|2014||Ayos Dito||Rockstar||Alex Breckman|
|2014||Amtyl 500||Farm Owner||Buddy Gargancia|
|2014||BDO||Music Store Owner - Dj||Joel Limchoc|
|2013||EQ Diaper||Lead Actor - Lapu-Lapu||Mike Alcazarrel|
|2010||Project Building Medicine TVC - Saridon||Carpenter||Joel Limchoc|
|2010||Head And Shoulders||Business man||Joel Limchoc|
|2010||Snicth Choco Bar||Rockers Dream||Carlo Derecto|
|2010||Talk And Text(Hati)||Store Owner|
|2005||Blend 45||Farmer||Dindo Angeles|
|2004||San Miguel Beer||Farmer||Peque Galyaga|
|2004||Metro Bank||Business man||Vitorio Romero|
|1998||Isand Bandila (Philippine Centennial Celebration)||Katipunero||Vitorio Romero|
|2012||Broken Vow||Artemio||Omar Deroca|
|2011||Pueblo Sombra||Fisher man||Lori Reyes|
|2010||Panday Kids||Shaman||Mark Reyes|
|2010||Pidol’s Wonderland||Hector||Erik Quizon|
|2010||Barangay Aswang||Camera man||Lori Reyes|
|2010||Halimaw sa Tuod||Lori Reyes|
|2010||Nag-Simula sa Puso||Ben|
|2010||Daisy Syete – Bebe & Me||Roman||Rowel Camen|
|2010||Hoy!Hoy! Syokoy||Fisherman||Lori Reyes|
|2009||Ang Babaeng Hinugot sa aking Tadyang||Car Dealer||Domique Zapata|
|2009||Multo Sa Pabrika||Shoe Maker||Lori Reyes|
|2009||Nuno sa Punso||Constraction Forema||Lori Reyes|
|2008||Daisy Syete – Ulingling (Season 18)||Hit man||Rowel Camen|
|2007||Fantastic Man||Robber||Lori Reyes|
|2007||Fantastic kids||Shaman||Mark Reyes|
|2007||Maalaala mo kaya||Manobo Warrior||Ricky Davao|
|2006||Babangon ako’t dudurugin kita||Fredo||Joel Lamangan|
|2005||NBI Files||Muslin||Albert Cortez|
|2004||Te Amo||Berto||Khris Adalia|
|2004||Philippine Most Wanted||Gangster||Jon Red|
|2003||Forever in my heart||Fisher man||Khris Adalia|
|2002||GMA True Stories||Xoxi Topacio|
|2001||Habang kapiling ka|
|2000||Mother Studio Presents||NPA||Mario Jay Delos Reyes|
|2000||Diwa||Ermano Puli||Mel Chonglo|
|2000||Hiraya Manawari||Kalikasan||Noel Anonuevo|
|2000||Twin Hearts||Kidnapper||Gil Tejada|
|1994||Bisperas ng Kasaysayan||Katipunero(Introducing)||Lupia, Yashiwara|
|2009||Sakay||Sakay||George Vail Kabrestante|
|2005||No Exit||Kamatayan||Abdel Langit|
|2003||Indio Anakbanua||Indio||Abdel Langit|
|2002-2004||Noli Me Tangere||Elias||Xoxi Topacio|
|1999||El Filibusterismo||Kabesang Tales||Jake De Asis|
- Philippine Daily Inquirer (April 19, 2012). "‘Kidnapper’ invited to NY film fest". http://entertainment.inquirer.net/37151/%E2%80%98kidnapper%E2%80%99-invited-to-ny-film-fest. Retrieved April 19, 2012.
- "Graceland Official Trailer". Youtube. February 27, 2013. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TefQLJDMSE.
- Graceland Movie | http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2131523/
- "Mang Abe's Ube". IndieGogo. January 10, 2014. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mang-abe-s-ube.
- "Mang Abe's Ube Official Trailer". YouTube. August 6, 2014. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlnuz5KDkmQ. Retrieved August 6, 2014.
- Rappler (February 7, 2013). "Filmmaker Paolo Bitanga weaves his own folktales". http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/21184-filmmaker-paolo-bitanga-weaves-his-own-folktales. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "International filmfest veteran is proudly from Masbate". November 2, 2014. http://www.mb.com.ph/international-filmfest-veteran-is-proudly-from-masbate/. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- "El Peste Romansa". YouTube. November 9, 2013. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csICpx-KWw0. Retrieved November 9, 2013.
- "Metro Manila Official Trailer". YouTube. September 9, 2013. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfk3zA_vUeI. Retrieved September 9, 2013.
- "Fil-Am’s feature film wins raves, gets screenings in US Read more: http://entertainment.inquirer.net/92915/fil-ams-feature-film-wins-raves-gets-screenings-in-us#ixzz3I5JVa4HH Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook". Philippine Daily Inquirer. May 8, 2013. http://entertainment.inquirer.net/92915/fil-ams-feature-film-wins-raves-gets-screenings-in-us#ixzz2SlwwYwrz. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "2014 Infomercial - Dynamic Trio - Voltplex KQ, Reload Plus & Respigen 15". YouTube. August 28, 2014. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir9Cy4MVhS4&list=UU7i5WA7nRj-BK2U4tvz0GKQ. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- "Ayos Dito - Rockstar TVC". YouTube. March 22, 2014. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U34dMHUggPU. Retrieved March 22, 2014.
- "Amityl 500 - Akala Mo Pelikula". YouTube. March 4, 2014. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCIAXjNzueU. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- "BDO - Need A Loan?". YouTube. January 11, 2014. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orj4ftxsPVQ. Retrieved January 11, 2014.
- "Lapu Lapu - EQ Diaper". YouTube. April 8, 2013. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLYYll9aK2k. Retrieved April 8, 2013.
- "Saridon". FB. August 27, 2014. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150260790722400&set=vb.634767399&type=3&theater. Retrieved August 27, 2014.
- "Rockers Dream". FB. August 18, 2011. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150261599002400&set=vb.634767399&type=3&theater. Retrieved August 18, 2011.