Lift-Ticket (G.I. Joe)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 10 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Lift-Ticket_(G.I._Joe). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Lift-Ticket_(G.I._Joe), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Lift-Ticket_(G.I._Joe).
Template:Italic title Template:Infobox G.I. Joe character Lift-Ticket is a fictional character from the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero toyline, comic books and animated series. He is the G.I. Joe Team's Tomahawk pilot and debuted in 1986.
Lift-Ticket's primary military specialty is rotary wing aircraft pilot, and his secondary military specialty is fixed-wing aircraft pilot. Lift-Ticket joined the army to get out of his hometown, scoring high enough on the aptitude test to qualify for West Point Prep., O.C.S., and Flight Warrant Officer School. He opted for the latter, thinking that it was the only one which offered training applicable to civilian employment.
Lift-Ticket was first released as an action figure in 1986, packaged exclusively with the Tomahawk.
A character with an identical outfit to Lift-Ticket, a small aircraft pilot named "Tomahawk" (now sporting a mustache), was released as part of the G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra toy line in late 2010.
Template:Expand section In the Marvel Comics G.I. Joe series, he first appeared in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #49 (July 1986). He is seen transporting several Joes to the American town of Springfield, which was a Cobra stronghold from border to border. Lift-Ticket is injured by Russian gunship bullets on a successful mission to extract other Joes. Lift-Ticket is also injured while transporting Joe soldiers to Cobra Island to fight in the first Cobra civil war. His injuries put him out of action for the entire conflict but he recovers.
Lift-Ticket returns in the Devil's Due Productions G.I. Joe comics. He assists in the battle against the terrorist Tyler Wingfiled. He is also one of the many Joes who assault Cobra Island in their second civil war. He is later seen assisting wounded soldiers after Cobra attacks 'The Rock', the current Joe HQ. During the World War 3 storyline, he joins a Joe team operating out of South America. They are seen battling Cobra operatives in Boliva.
G.I. Joe: The Movie
Lift-Ticket appears in the G.I. Joe: Renegades episode "Prodigal," voiced by Charlie Schlatter. He is seen with Flint and the rest of the Falcons when they go to pick up Ripcord. When the Ripcord/Bio-Viper fought the Bio-Viper form during his fight with Duke, Lift-Ticket fired a missile as the Ripcord/Bio-Viper took the blunt of the explosion. Lift-Ticket did get into trouble with Lady Jaye for firing a missile against her orders.
- Hama, Larry (1987). Howard Mackie. ed. G.I. Joe Order Of Battle. Marvel Entertainment Group. p. 67. ISBN 0-87135-288-5.
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #49 (July 1986)
- "G.I. Joe Special Missions" #17 (1988)
- G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero #74 (August 1988)
- G.I. Joe: Frontline #12
- G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Vol. 2 #24
- "G.I. Joe America's Elite" #18 (2006)
- G.I. Joe: America's Elite Volume 5: World War III Omnibus - (328 pages, July 2008, ISBN 978-1-934692-02-8, Devil's Due Publishing)
- Template:Cite episode
- "Roll Call". G.I. Joe Roll Call. Joe Headquarters. http://www.joeheadquarters.com/rollcall_joes.shtml. Retrieved 2008-06-13.
- Template:Cite video
- Lift-Ticket at JMM's G.I. Joe Comics Home Page