- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 25 2013. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Lisa_Leyva. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Lisa_Leyva, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Lisa_Leyva.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
BLP sources Template:COI oooh, orphan
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (December 2013)
November 5, 1975|
|Occupation||Actress, producer, speaker, entrepreneur|
Lisa Leyva is an American film and television producer. She was born November 5, 1975, and is a native Texan and third generation Mexican-American. She is best known for her involvement with the film Bernie, which she helped take to distribution, after having discovered it at the, Los Angeles Film FestivalTemplate:Failed verification which later garnered a Golden Globe nomination for Jack Black in January 2013. She is the CEO of MIGLEX Films.
Arriving in Los Angeles to a new career as a producer and forming her production company, MIGLEX Films, Leyva quickly learned about the distribution side of the film business from consulting with a distribution company, Millennium Entertainment. There she was involved with the company's distribution of the film, Bernie, starring Jack Black. The film went on to receive 22 awards and nominations, including a Golden Globe nomination. Leyva continued to work with the company as a consultant, assisting with acquiring films and building a producer network with them to build their slate of films. This led to her role as a producer.
With the success of Bernie, Leyva saw the opportunity to bridge Hollywood to her native, Texas, where she began supporting the Texas Film Commission and their initiatives. She participated in lobbying efforts that culminated in raising the film fund from $32m to $95m. Leyva recently joined the Hill Country Film Festival as Development Director in her efforts to continue to support filmmaking in Texas. She has several projects in development. Her most recent film to take to distribution with Millennium Entertainment is Buck Wild, slated for a March 2014 release.
As a speaker, Leyva has contributed on panels  at film festivals, including the Hill Country Film Festival  and at universities, most recently, at Texas Christian University where she discusses the latest technology trends and how they affect the film industry, as well as, discussing her experience and expertise in film distribution, marketing, and production. She is actively involved in educating and inspiring young people and women, about her role as a producer in Hollywood and CEO of her own production company, having embarked on an unconventional path into the entertainment industry.
Leyva was featured in People Magazine's Beauty Issue, Vol.77, No.19, "Real Beauty At Every Age," and selected from over 15,000 women for her age, that year. Leyva was a model for Dillard's Department stores, as a young girl, modeling in their seasonal fashion shows.
- Fleming, Mike (September 29, 2011). "TOLDJA! Millennium Entertainment Acquires Jack Black Pic ‘Bernie’". Deadline.com. http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/toldja-millennium-entertainment-buys-jack-black-pic-bernie/. Retrieved September 29, 2011.
- "Shooting Your Movie In Texas-Lone Star Advice From Professionals In-the-Know". May 4, 2013. http://2013hillcountryfilmfestival.sched.org/event/a7de9895696af21cec51981cb57e7292#.UrneKCQ0wVk. Retrieved December 24, 2013.
- "Casting Your Movie-How Casting Your Next Film Can Elevate Your Film's Distribution Deal". May 3, 2013. http://2013hillcountryfilmfestival.sched.org/speaker/lisaleyva#.Urnb_iQ0wVk. Retrieved December 24, 2013.
- Owczarski, Kimberly (November 12, 2013). "FTDM Guest Speaker". facebook.com. https://www.facebook.com/groups/tcuftdm/?fref=ts. Retrieved December 24, 2013.
- "Real Beauty at Every Age". People (magazine). http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20590983,00.html. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "The Whistleblower". October 20, 2010. https://pro-labs.imdb.com/title/tt1718041/. Retrieved 2013-12-24]].