- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 17 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Londa_Marks. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Londa_Marks.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Londa R. Marks (born 26 February 1952) is an American artist, author published by U.S. Games Systems for her tarot deck Crow's Magick which has been in print since 1997 and Londa Tarot also published by U.S. Games Systems was in print from 1993 to 2004. By 2013 Londa has created 11 tarot decks, hundreds of original paintings and drawings along with hundreds of computer generated montages. She has designed a line of new age products, trendy fashion wear and high end products for the home. Alchemist Publishing has published her works since 2001.
- 1 Influences
- 2 Published Works
- 3 Tarot Decks
- 4 References
- 5 Publishers
- 6 Interviews
- 7 External links
Londa studied under New York artist Murray Stern (1927–1985) from 1972–1974, an art professor from Athens, Ohio, whose work is in the Kennedy Museum of Art Collection. He encouraged her to focus on her original characters and worked closely with her at West Virginia University and his studio to help her cultivate her unique talent.
The Catholic environment in Marietta, Ohio where Londa grew up was omnipresent with Italian history and not only a reminder of the Renaissance period but of the importance of old world quality craftsmanship. Continuing the Italian Renaissance influence, Londa works at her studio in Florence, Italy with her artisan son Edward Nichols who hand prints her fine art works. Edward Nichols (born 26 May 1971), is a student of Italian art history, former craftsman of reproduction medieval furniture and former set builder for movies and commercials in Burbank, California.
- Medici Tarot, Original Published by Alchemist Publishing (2009) ISBN 978-0-9713723-7-5
- Medici Tarot, (Expanded) Published by Alchemist Publishing (2009) ISBN 978-1-935615-05-7
- Platonic Academy Tarot Published by Alchemist Publishing (2010) ISBN 978-1-935615-50-7
- The Alchemist Tarot Published by Alchemist Publishing (2008) ISBN 978-0-9713723-0-6
- The Alchemists Spell Tarot Counter Display Published by Alchemist Publishing (2008) ISBN 978-0-9713723-9-9
- The Alchemist's Spell Tarot Published by Alchemist Publishing (2008) ISBN 978-0-9713723-6-8
- The Alchemist Tarot Revealed Published by Alchemist Publishing (2013) ISBN 978-1-935615-67-5
- Ancient Magick Divination Cards Published by Alchemist Publishing (2011) ISBN 978-1-935615-51-4
- Rinascimento Tarocchi Published by Alchemist Publishing (2011) ISBN 978-1935615538
- Londa Tarot Published by U.S. Games Systems (1993)
- Crow's Magick Tarot Published by U.S. Games (1997)
- Wicked Wear Clothes Designs (2011) (2012) ISBN 978-1-935615-57-6 - ISBN 978-1-935615-58-3
- Glam Band HAWK. Artist & Creative Director, Marketing, Image, Clothes Designer (1982-1990)
Medici Tarot deck by Londa Marks released in 2009 focuses on Lorenzo de' Medici and how mysticism played an important role in his life and possibly after his death. The tarot story line includes divinations for each card then shows Lorenzo's interests in Hermeticism and why it took 560 years for a deck of tarot to be developed in the Medici name when Visconti Sforza tarot deck was created in 15th century. Some of the Medici family are shown on the cards including Lorenzo de' Medici, Cosimo de' Medici, Giovanni di Bicci de' Medici, Lucrezia Tornabuoni and other Medici family figures with works by artists they sponsored, each playing a role in Lorenzo de' Medici's alchemy of the Medici Tarot. Two different versions were created; one with a gold theme and the other is a black and gold theme with variations in design elements. Does not have white borders. There are three versions of this deck, Medici Tarot (Original), Medici Tarot (Expanded) and Medici Tarot (Fine Art Edition).
Fiorenza Tarot by Londa R. Marks is a tribute to Florence, Italy with a collection of art by Fabio Borbottoni cut, colorized and formatted for standard tarot cards. A booklet of instructions and divinations reveal stories for the card's scenes from the early 19th century some now lost from reconstruction. There is also an illustrated 3 card spread sheet for laying out the tarot cards when doing readings. Does not have white borders.
Platonic Academy Tarot
Platonic Academy Tarot by Londa R. Marks is based on Plato's Platonic Academy of Ancient Greece and the Florentine Platonic Academy of the 15th century developed by Cosimo de' Medici. Londa Marks' Platonic Academy Tarot depicts 22 Major Arcana images from the Renaissance era including characters such as Plato, Aristotle, Cosimo de' Medici, Lorenzo de' Medici, Angelo Politian (Poliziano), Pico della Mirandola, Socrates and more. Astrological properties and story line show insight to the Florentine Platonic Academy chemistry and the Italian Renaissance connection to mysticism. Images have been colorized and montages cut to fit a standard tarot card format. An in depth booklet of instructions and divinations penned by Londa Marks and a 3-card illustrated spread sheet are included for card layout. Does not have white borders.
The Alchemist Tarot
The Alchemist Tarot deck, by Londa R. Marks contains 22 Major Arcana tarot cards consisting of original characters illustrated and oil painted by Londa. The cards have 2 keywords on front side. A divination and instruction booklet contains Kabbalah and astrological aspects related to each card along with divinations. Londa Marks original characters are The Hermetic Order of Alchemy from the World of Tarot explained in the story line. Does not have white borders.
The Alchemist Tarot Revealed
The Alchemist Tarot Revealed deck, by Londa R. Marks contains 78 cards with Major Arcana and Minor Arcana. The deck has been created with an antique look and lighter colors than the original Alchemist Tarot deck. The booklet has been extended with the Minor Arcana divinations.
The Alchemist's Spell Tarot
The Alchemist's Spell Tarot by Londa R. Marks presents a fantastical adventure in the ancient World Of Tarot. Lost between parallel universes, The Alchemist conjures spells and psychically reads for those who dare hear his predictions. The Hermetic Order of Alchemy, the Spirit Guides of Wish Granting, utilize their tarot tools to battle Lord of Earth and a myriad of hazardous tasks so they can travel through 2012 then enter the World of Tarot where wishes are granted. The Alchemist's Spell Tarot deck contains 22 tarot cards with a list of spells to choose from and activate. Also included in the game are spell activators and an illustrated spread sheet for laying out cards drawn from the deck. Does not have white borders.
Rinascimento Tarocchi by Londa R. Marks includes re-imagined designs from Renaissance era paintings with antique look. The elongated cards sized at 2.5 x 7 have gold leafing on edges. The titling on the cards are written in Italian. The booklet contains both Italian and English descriptions.
Ancient Magick Divination Cards
Ancient Magick Divination Cards by Londa R. Marks is an oracle deck of cards based on ancient magick sigils, talismans and seals to be used in similar fashion as tarot cards. This oracle deck comes with a booklet of instructions and divinations all printed on images of parchment created from a montage of ancient papers. An illustrated 3-card spread sheet is included with the 28 cards sized the same as tarot cards 2.75 x 4.75. Does not have white borders.
Londa Tarot is highly stylized, unique, and spiritually influenced, the tarot cards are a stage with Londa's original illustrated characters presented in a theatrical manner. All cards were oil painted by the artist. U.S. Games Systems, Inc., owns the 80 paintings for this tarot deck and are in their collection of art. A booklet penned by the artist is included with the 78 card deck.
Crow's Magick Tarot
Crow's Magick Tarot is made up of computer-generated artwork with most of the cards depicting birds or other animals. Geometric shapes are also common in the deck. The cards have a black background and white borders. The suit symbols are called Wands, Cups, Swords and Coins. Justice is the card number 8 and Strength number 11. All cards have keywords under the card title. The author Londa Marks has also written the little white booklet and the companion book, Crow's Magick, for the deck. A booklet penned by the author is included with the 78 card deck. U.S. Games Systems, Inc., owns the 80 paintings for this tarot deck.
- U.S. Games Londa Tarot and Crow's Magick Tarot Publisher
- Aeclectic Tarot Interview With Londa Marks
- Aeclectic Tarot Alchemist Tarot Review
- Aeclectic Tarot Brisbane, Australia Londa Tarot Review
- Adam McClean Sudy Course on the Artwork and Symbolism of Modern Tarot
- Adam McClean Review of Alchemist Tarot
- Tarot Garden Cards in Three Dimensions Archon Science Fiction Convention
- Timeless Spirit Magazine Review of Alchemist Tarot
- Bella Online Voice of Women Crow's Magick Tarot Review
- Tarot.com Crow's Magick Tarot is used in their software for generating free tarot readings online
U.S. Games & Alchemist Publishing