- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 8 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Maat_Morrison. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Maat_Morrison, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Maat_Morrison.
Mateo Alexander Morrison Hidalgo (born July 12, 1999), known by his stage name Maat Morrison, is a rapper, songwriter, record producer, actor and entrepreneur from Dominican Republic. Is well-known by his single featured on the United States radios, titled as Gone, which debuted on SoundCloud receiving positives critics from music journalists. Maat Morrison also founded his own record label, Morrison Music Group, which he founded in 2011.
Mateo Alexander Morrison Hidalgo, was born on July 12, 1999, and raised in the Invivienda neighborhood of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Although the family wasn't musically inclined, his grand-father Mateo Morrison inspired him on writing lyrics, and with the guide, he started to compose his own music. By fathers Nelson Morrison Ramirez, an engineer and Ramona Hidalgo Almonte, a publicist, Maat had a childhood with his mother, and then, because of some disagreements between his parents, they divorced on 2004. With divorced parents, and only 5 years old and living with his mother, the life continued by, living in Invivienda. 3 years later, Mateo, his brother and his mother moved to Arroyo Hondo, where they had a little condo. 1 year later, with 9 years old, his mother, in search of a fresh start decided to move to New York and Maat moved with his father located in Arroyo Hondo. Maat started to write and record rap songs in 2010.
2010-14: Career beginnings
In 2010, Maat started to gain interest, inspired by Drake and Kanye West, he decided to start to write songs and not release it. A year later, with only 12 years old, Maat planned his own record label Morrison Music Group and then decided to sign new rappers. 4 months later, Maat signed Angell to the imprint. A year later he decided to produce his first original single titled as 'Gone' but which was later released on July 1st, 2014 for free and received positives critics from journalists and fans.
On August 7, 2014, via his Official Website, Maat announced the release of his expected debut studio album "101". The album was expected to the musician birthday on July 12, 2014 but Morrison's manager Karl John announced that the album had been delayed and postponed. Then hereinbefore mentioned single "101" was announced to be part of the album. Maat also announced that he is planning an US Tour for 2015, which will include New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles and Miami.
- Kioun, Jacks. "Was 'Gone' Good Enough?". http://mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=176310.
- John, Karl. "Karl Jhon Announce Delay". Karl John. http://twitter.com/morrisonmgroup.
- Morrison, Nelson. "Maat's Publisher Announcement". Morrison Music Group. http://maatmorrison.com/news/release-news/maat-morrison-is-back-with-a-powerful-track/. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Morrison, Maat. "Template:Citation error". https://twitter.com/maatmorrison/status/489047697265946624. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Morrison, Maat. "Template:Citation error". https://twitter.com/maatmorrison/status/488716421845618689. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Morrison, Maat. "Template:Citation error". https://twitter.com/maatmorrison/status/488716506155339777. Retrieved 14 July 2014.