Mag Wheels (film)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 6 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Mag_Wheels_(film). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mag_Wheels_(film), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mag_Wheels_(film).
Mag Wheels is a 1978 American vansploitation film directed by Bethel Buckalew. John D. McNally originally co-wrote the story with Buckalew. Main stars include John Laughlin, Shelly Horner and Phoebe Schmidt.
Local ladies' man Steve, who drives a souped-up van, is attracted to Anita, the new girl in town. Trouble ensues when Steve's obnoxious girlfriend Donna catches on to the flirtation and decides to do something about it. False drug-trafficking allegations and a smorgasbord of saltiness send this story to a dizzying climax that leaves viewers on the edge of their seats wondering if the sweet newcomer will make it out of the small-town love triangle alive.
- John Crump McLaughlin as Steve
- Shelly Horner as Anita
- Phoebe Schmidt as Jill
- Verkina Flower as Donna
Mag Wheels premiered in Atlanta, George, on May 5, 1978.
- "Mag Wheels". American Film Institute. http://www.afi.com/members//catalog/DetailView.aspx?s=&Movie=56919. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
- Barris, George; Fetherston, Davis (1996). Barris TV and Movie Cars. MotorBooks International. p. 108. ISBN 0-7603-0198-0. https://books.google.com/books?id=bw7ZEepsaLkC&pg=PA108.
- "Mag Wheels (1978)". AllMovie. http://www.allmovie.com/movie/mag-wheels-v100907/review. Retrieved 2017-03-07.