Malan Breton A Journey to Taiwan
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 16 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Malan_Breton_A_Journey_to_Taiwan. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Malan_Breton_A_Journey_to_Taiwan, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Malan_Breton_A_Journey_to_Taiwan.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page: Template:CoiAdvertising?
Malan Breton A Journey to Taiwan (also promoted as A Journey to Taiwan) is a 2015 fashion documentary film written, and directed by Malan Breton. The film about designer Malan Breton's creative work highlights his birth rite Taiwan. It premiered at the New York City International Film Festival on 1 May 2015. The film stars Breton and features actor Frankie Grande, and actress Kiera Chaplin. The film hit a cord with the fashion press and the film industry alike. It has been submitted for the Oscars. "Malan Breton takes us on a journey to Taiwan, to find inspiration, to revisit his childhood, to honor his grandmother, and to create the most pivotal collection of fashion he has ever shown at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week,"
Conception and historical perspective
The film highlights Malan Breton's creative process, Breton's birth rite Taiwan is featured as a backdrop in the film, to show how Breton finds inspiration for his collections. Breton's relationship with his biological grandmother plays a role in the breakdown of the film. While filming Breton receives the Award of Tourism from the President of Taiwan, another highlight of the film is Breton's Spring Summer 2015 collection showing at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion week.
Awards and nominations
In 2015, "Malan Breton A Journey to Taiwan" received the New York City International Film Festival Award for best short Documentary. The film is currently being considered for Academy Award nomination.
On 14 July 2015, The film was highlighted as a part of the inaugural New York Fashion Week Men's, guests at Malan Breton Spring Summer 2016 Mens collection showing screened the film at the Taiwanese Embassy in NYC. 13 May 2015, The film was also included in the 2015 Cannes Film Festival, Le Marché du Film. 16 August 2015, The film had its official Los Angeles red carpet opening, the guests included Nikki Haskell, Beverly Johnson, Maye Musk, and Malan Breton.
Malan Breton A Journey to Taiwan was released on 14 August 2015 in New York, and Los Angeles
- "“A Journey to Taiwan” Best Short Documentary Film at NYCIFF to be screened at NYFW Men | FashionWindows Network". Fashionwindows.net. 2015-07-11. http://www.fashionwindows.net/2015/07/a-journey-to-taiwan-best-short-documentary-film-at-nyciff-to-be-screened-at-nyfw-men/. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "Malan Breton a Journey to Taiwan (2015)". IMDb.com. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4335998/. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "Fashion Designer Malan Breton Makes His Directorial Debut At The New York City International Film Festival for his film "A Journey To Taiwan"". Cognacscornermag.com. 2015-05-04. http://www.cognacscornermag.com/blog/2015/05/04/Fashion-Designer-Malan-Breton-Makes-His-Directorial-Debut-At-The-New-York-City-International-Film-Festival-for-his-film-A-Journey-To-Taiwan.aspx. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "'A Journey to Taiwan' wins award at New York festival | Culture | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS". Focustaiwan.tw. 2015-05-19. http://focustaiwan.tw/news/aedu/201505190008.aspx. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "Midsummer Celebrations: Cultural Catch-Up; 2015 | Jill Lynne". Huffingtonpost.com. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jill-lynne/midsummer-celebrations-cu_b_7945092.html. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "NYCIFF 2015 Award Winners - Diary of a Perfectionist Wannabe". Perfectionistwannabe.com. 2015-05-11. http://perfectionistwannabe.com/2015/05/nyciff-2015-award-winners/. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "Award winning celebrity fashion designer, Malan Breton takes us to Taiwan on a celebrity-inspired surfing trip, this Mens Fashion week in New York City - KYTX CBS19.tv - News, Weather, & Sports | Tyler-Longview". Cbs19.tv. http://www.cbs19.tv/story/29511347/award-winning-celebrity-fashion-designer-malan-breton-takes-us-to-taiwan-on-a-celebrity-inspired-surfing-trip-this-mens-fashion-week-in-new-york-city. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "Malan Breton Pictures - 'A Journey to Taiwan' Los Angeles Premiere - Red Carpet". Zimbio. http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/Mk96tVNVXQ1/Journey+Taiwan+Los+Angeles+Premiere+Red+Carpet/qHwauqKAd7J/Malan+Breton. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "Regent Theatre, Los Angeles | Showtimes". Landmark Theatres. 2015-08-14. http://www.landmarktheatres.com/los-angeles/regent-theatre/film-info/a-journey-to-taiwan. Retrieved 2015-11-16.