- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 15 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Mathieu_Séguin. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mathieu_Séguin, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mathieu_Séguin.
Filmmaking & Career
In his capacity as cinematographer, camera operator, colourist, and/or assistant camera, Séguin has worked on numerous feature films, movie-of-the-weeks, TV programs, short films, TV commercials, corporate videos and music videos, some of which he has also produced, written, directed and/or edited, including his shorts Revisions and Observations, both of which were were finalists in the Open category at the CTV Best in Shorts Competition at Cinefest Sudbury International Film Festival.
As cinematographer, he shot director Zahra Golafshani's Bullet-Headed , Perceptions , and Private Sessions . All three films were finalists in the Open category at the CTV Best in Shorts Competition at Cinefest Sudbury International Film Festival. Perceptions received the Innovation Award, while Bullet-Headed received the prize Runner-Up (Open Category)  and was awarded funding from BravoFACT.
Downtown Sudbury, a not-for-profit Business Improvement Area (BIA) association dedicated to the growth of Greater Sudbury's downtown, commissioned Séguin to produce a short titled "Portrait of Downtown Sudbury," the objective of which was not just to boost tourism, but to remind people who live in Sudbury of what they have. Based on this success, he was then commissioned to make a similar short for the West Nipissing Chamber of Commerce, titled “West Nipissing — Quelle surprise!”.
In a newspaper interview, Séguin acknowledged that filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and that while “everyone’s always looking for a formula, [...] at the end of the day you’re making a film you would like to watch.”
Since 2015, Séguin is a professor at Laurentian University's Motion Picture Arts program, wherein he specializes in giving practice-based courses, like Photography. Regarding cinematography, he has also given numerous practice-based workshops, like The Motion in the Music workshop sponsored by the not-for-profit Music and Film in Motion,  and within the Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) program offered at Confederation Secondary School.
|Your Name Here||2016||Template:Yes||Template:Yes||feature docufiction|
|The Anonymous Rudy S.||2016||Template:No||Template:Yes||feature fiction|
- Mathieu Séguin at the Internet Movie Database
- "Portrait of Downtown Sudbury" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo7gZZtU0vA
- French-language interview with Télévision française de l'Ontario (TFO) - http://www.tfo.org/en/universe/tfo-247/100397336/sudbury-s-image-maker
- English-language interview with Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) radio - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/sudbury-video-showcases-a-day-in-the-life-of-nickel-city-residents-1.2986867
- French-language interview with La Société Historique de Nipissing Ouest (SHNO) - http://societehistoriquenipissingouest.weebly.com/mathieu-seguin.html