Me and My Shadow (film)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 1 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Me_and_My_Shadow_(film). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Me_and_My_Shadow_(film), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Me_and_My_Shadow_(film).
Me and My Shadow is an upcoming American 3D computer/traditionally animated fantasy film by DreamWorks Animation. The original project is being directed by a first time director, Alessandro Carloni. It will star Josh Gad, Bill Hader, and Kate Hudson in her animation debut. Distributed by 20th Century Fox, the film had been scheduled to be released on March 14, 2014, but in February 2013 it returned to development.
The film will tell a story about Stanley Grubb and his shadow, Stan, who breaks the rules of the Shadow World, and takes control of his owner. The human world will be animated in CG, while the shadow world will be hand-drawn.
The film will feature the world's most boring person, Stanley Grubb, and his Shadow Stan. When a crime in the Shadow World puts both their lives in danger, Stan is forced to take control of Stanley, and stand up to a shadowy villain, who intends to lead a rebellion to take over the human world.
- Josh Gad as Stanley Grubb
- Bill Hader as Shadow Stan
- Kate Hudson as Heidi, Grubb's love interest
Revealed in December 2010, Mark Dindal was set to direct the film, with a schedule to be released in March 2013. In March 2011, the film was pushed to November 2013, and in June 2012, to March 14, 2014, replacing another DreamWorks Animation's film, Mr. Peabody & Sherman. In January 2012, it was announced that Josh Gad, Bill Hader and Kate Hudson have joined the cast, and that Alessandro Carloni, a head of story of How to Train Your Dragon, has replaced Dindal. It will be the first DreamWorks film (aside from the 2D/flash scenes in The Croods, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, and the Kung Fu Panda movies) to feature traditional animation since Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas in 2003. In February 2013, the film returned to development, with Mr. Peabody & Sherman taking its release date.
- Kit, Borys (January 31, 2012). "DreamWorks Animation Sets Voice Cast for 'Me & My Shadow' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dreamworks-me-my-shadow-kate-hudson-bill-hader-286141. Retrieved November 2, 2012.
- McClintock, Pamela (June 11, 2012). "Stephen Colbert, Allison Janney Join Voice Cast of 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stephen-colbert-allison-janney-mr-peabody-sherman-335922. Retrieved November 2, 2012.
- "DreamWorks Animation Pushes Back Release for 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman'". The Hollywood Reporter. February 5, 2013. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dreamworks-animation-pushes-back-release-418673. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- DreamWorks Animation (December 10, 2010). "DreamWorks Animation Pioneers Groundbreaking Combination of CG and Hand-Drawn Animation Techniques in Me and My Shadow for March 2013". DreamWorks Animation. http://ir.dreamworksanimation.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=540734. Retrieved November 2, 2012.
- DreamWorks Animation (February 1, 2012). "DreamWorks Animation's All-Star Cast for Me & My Shadow Features Josh Gad, Bill Hader and Kate Hudson". PRNewswire. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dreamworks-animations-all-star-cast-for-me--my-shadow-features-josh-gad-bill-hader-and-kate-hudson-138476269.html. Retrieved January 19, 2014.
- DreamWorks Animation (March 8, 2011). "DreamWorks Animation Announces Feature Film Release Slate Through 2014". DreamWorks Animation. http://ir.dreamworksanimation.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=555383. Retrieved November 2, 2012.
- Template:IMDb title
- Template:Bcdb title
- Template:Metacritic film
- Template:Mojo title