Mehar Baba Charitable Trust
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 8 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Mehar_Baba_Charitable_Trust. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mehar_Baba_Charitable_Trust, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mehar_Baba_Charitable_Trust.
Mehar Baba Charitable Trust is an NGO based in Bassi Pathana, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, India, working towards empowerment for women, improved medical care and social services since 2005. Founded by businessmen, the charitable trust has adopted over 185 villages in Punjab state. Regular anti-diabetes and anti-cancer campaigns are conducted in every village and open panel discussions are conducted at Mata Harnam Kaur Community Development Center to help the people 'below the poverty line'.
The Trust provides training for women in various skills like phulkari making and aari work. In addition to these skill sets, computer education is also provided to all and access to job vacancies is provided.
Mehar Baba Charitable Trust is actively working with medical companies such as Fortis Healthcare) to provide free Medi-Care services to the under-previleged people of 185 Villages falling under Fatehgarh Sahib District. A team of field workers regularly visits these villages to do the pre-registration of patients. All pre-registered patients are then brought and catered at the monthly organised OPD at Bassi Pathana Mata Harnam Kaur Community Development Center (MHKCDC).
- Bassi Pathana Community Collaborative Development Project (BP-CCDP)
This pilot project is an emerging collaboration between the Mehar Baba Charitable Trust, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, School of Public Health (PGIMER-SPH) and the University of Utah Division of Public Health and community leaders and members of nine villages in the Fategarh Sahib district of Punjab.
- Disaster Management Training
Mehar Baba Charitable Trust has been selected as the district representative for disaster management training by the District Authorities of Fatehgarh Sahib.
- Social awareness against evil practices of society
- Aiding School Children in the region
Helping the school children of the Anganwadi by providing them with the following basic necessities: a) warm clothing, b) notebooks, c) stationery items, d) shoes, e) mid-day meals.
Reviving Indian hockey
Hockey in India has dipped to an all-time low. To revive the sport, Mehar Baba Charitable Trust has started a Hockey Nursery for children under 14. Various personalities from the Hockey sport are supporting the efforts.
- University of Utah: Global Health
- MB Trust website: Hockey Nursery Template:Webarchive
- Lundup, Tashi (2 May 2012). "Hockey: Hockey helps in bringing rural troika closer to their dreams". Indian Express. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/hockey-hockey-helps-in-bringing-rural-troika-closer-to-their-dreams/944152/. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- "Need to check menace of female foeticide stressed". The Financial World. 2 June. http://www.thefinancialworld.com/newsdetails.aspx?newsid=72473&pageid=5. Retrieved 22 September 2012. Template:Dead link
- Mehta, Kamini (2 April 2012). "Travelling miles for helping the dispossessed". The Times of India. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-04-05/chandigarh/31293337_1_manali-spread-awareness-nirav-shah. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- "Mehar Baba Related Articles". Amazines. http://www.amazines.com/Mehar_Baba_related.html. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- "Fatehgarh Sahib Deputy Commissioner interacted with US university representatives". Punjab Newsline. http://punjabnewsline.com/content/fatehgarh-sahib-deputy-commissioner-interacted-us-university-representatives/31375. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- "Haryana girls defeat Chandigarh". The Tribune. 29 May 2012. http://www.tribuneindia.com/2012/20120530/cth2.htm. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- "Haryana defeat Chandigarh to bag Championship Trophy". 28 May 2012. http://www.free-news-release.com/Haryana-defeat-Chandigarh-to-bag-Championship-Trophy-Detail_212560.html. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- Gurpreet, Singh (6 April 2012). "British kids donated Rs 5 lakh to Mehar Baba Charitable Trust". Punjab News Express. Archived from the original on 10 May 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120510191805/http://www.punjabnewsexpress.com/news/513-British-kids-donated-Rs-5-lakh-to-Mehar-Baba-Charitable-Trust.aspx. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- Dhaliwal, Sarabjit (28 May). "US varsity project for 9 Fatehgarh Sahib villages 22-member team, including students and professors, to start work on June 2". The Tribune. http://www.tribuneindia.com/2011/20110529/punjab.htm#8. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- Jagmeet, Thind (13 Oct 2009). "Special Stitch". The Indian Express. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/special-stitch/528388/. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
- Express News Service (30 May 2012). "Nitrate found in water of 9 Fatehgarh Sahib villages". The Indian Express. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/nitrate-found-in-water-of-9-fatehgarh-sahib-villages/981246/. Retrieved 22 September 2012.