Merlin and the Book of Beasts
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 27 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Merlin_and_the_Book_of_Beasts. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Merlin_and_the_Book_of_Beasts, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Merlin_and_the_Book_of_Beasts.
Template:Incomplete Template:Copy edit section An evil sorcerer, named the Arkadian, has taken over Camelot with the aid of a zoo of beasts from the magical Book of Beasts. Princess Avlynn, daughter of King Arthur and Guinevere, sets off to find Merlin and ask him to help her take back Camelot. She must also find the sacred sword, Excalibur, to assist her as she leads a band of knights including Galahad, his son Lysanor and the knight Tristan. Arkadian is ultimately revealed to be her half-brother Mordred, son of Morgan Le Fey and King Arthur. They set out to find Merlin, the wizard who once helped King Arthur save his kingdom, who now lives in an enchanted forest. Although Merlin initially declines Avlynn's request to help her, he later agrees, and they confront Arkadian together in his castle. While Merlin is killed during the fight, the protagonists manage to retake Camelot. They then continue their journey in search of a magical fountain, renowned to have healing powers.
When Avlynn and the knights arrive at the fountain, they find that it has dried, leading Galahad to suggest that they leave Merlin behind. However, Avlynn refuses and manages to get water from the fountain using her blood, thereby reviving Merlin. Arkadian sends Medusa-like ladies to destroy them, but Merlin overpowers them. The group then seeks the Lake of Destiny, where Avlynn finds her father's sword Excalibur. After that, they are captured by a flock of giant birds under the control of Arkadian, who later tries to impregnate Avlynn by taking Lysanor's form. During the final battle, Merlin manages to capture the soul of Arkadian in Camelot, losing his magical powers in the process. Avlynn pins the book to the nearby rock with Excalibur thereby saving Merlin being consumed by the book.
- Jim Thorburn as The Arkadian / Mordred
- Laura Harris as Avlynn Pendragon
- James Callis as Merlin
- Jesse Moss as Lysanor
- Patrick Sabongui as Tristan
- Donald Adams as Sir Galahad
- Maja Stace Smith as Medusa Gorgon
- Megan Vincent as Minerva Gorgon
- Monique Ganderton as Moira Gorgon
- Daniel Cudmore as Dragon Knight
- Lauro Chartrand as Armour Knight / Wall Guard 
Critical reception has been negative, with the Oklahoma Gazette calling the movie "boring" and the Radio Times giving it a rating of two stars. The movie was reviewed on Something Awful, where it was heavily criticized. DVD Talk also reviewed Merlin and the Book of Beasts, writing that "James Callis is well-cast as Merlin, but that's about all that separates Merlin and the Book of Beasts from its SyFy cable channel brethren. Laura Harris is miscast, and just about everything else reflects its low budget roots. Rent it, but only if you're curious."
- Lott, Rod. "Merlin and the Book of Beasts" (in en). https://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/merlin-and-the-book-of-beasts/Content?oid=2961157.
- "Merlin and the Book of Beasts – review" (in en). https://www.radiotimes.com/film/xh5h/merlin-and-the-book-of-beasts/.
- "Merlin and the Book of Beasts". Something Awful. https://www.somethingawful.com/movie-reviews/merlin-book-beasts/1/.
- "Merlin and the Book of Beasts" (in en). https://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/38205/merlin-and-the-book-of-beasts/.