- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 13 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Michael_Boadi. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Michael_Boadi, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Michael_Boadi.
Advertising? oooh, orphan
Michael Boadi (born 15 November 1969) is a session hairstylist and perfumer.
Boadi was born to Ghanaian parents in Paddington, London. Upon leaving high school, Boadi emigrated to New York and took up hair styling. Despite having no formal qualifications in the field, Boadi showed great talent and in 1994 made his major debut working with photographer Nick Knight for a Vogue magazine shoot.
Following his establishment, Boadi has been in demand from and had his work published by fashion brands such as Gucci, Missoni, Chanel; in magazines including Vogue, W, I.D. and Pop. Boadi has worked alongside photographers including Steven Klein, Mert Alas, Marcus Piggott, Bert Stern, Peter Beard and Mario Testino. Boadi’s work has been previously modelled on Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Gisele Bündchen, Jennifer Lopez, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Björk and David Beckham.
Boadi to date has established two perfume brands; Boadicea the Victorious, and Illuminum
Boadicea the Victorious
Boadicea the Victorious was launched by Boadi in 2008. The brand drew inspiration from the legend of Boadicea. Boadi described the choice of Boadicea was due to the connotations of ‘strength’ and ‘Britishness’, exhibiting a ‘Year 3000 Celtic’ design.
Boadi launched the “Illuminum” brand in 2011. The range classified scents according to four streams; citrus, floral, oud and musk. The Illuminum range contained 16 fragrances, with eight ingredients in each item.[no citations needed here]
- "The US Issue". i-D Online. Archived from the original on 2013-06-24. https://archive.is/20130624183658/http://i-donline.com/magazine/the-us-issue/. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Guide des Coiffeurs - Michael Boadi". Gdc-art.com. Archived from the original on 2013-06-24. https://archive.is/20130624183655/http://www.gdc-art.com/coiffeurs-a-a-z/85-coiffeurs-uk/127-michael-boadi. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- "Women Management Blog". Womenmanagement.blogspot.co.uk. http://womenmanagement.blogspot.co.uk/2010_03_01_archive.html. Retrieved 2013-08-25.
- Liz Upton. "An interview with Michael Boadi of Boadicea the Victorious - Basenotes Community". Basenotes.net. http://www.basenotes.net/a/an-interview-with-michael-boadi-of-boadicea-the-victorious. Retrieved 2013-08-25.