- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 6 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Michael_Nikoletseas. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Michael_Nikoletseas, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Michael_Nikoletseas.
Michael M. Nikoletseas is a medical scientist, philosopher, classicist, poet. He was born in Androussa (Ανδρούσα), Messinia, Greece in 1943. After graduating from high school in Greece, he came to America where he studied Psychology (B.A. with Honors, 1969-1973), Psychobiology (Rutgers University, M.S., PhD, 1973-1978), and continued with postdoctoral studies at the Medical College of Pennsylvania and University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He taught at the School of Medicine of the University of Wisconsin in Madison, WI, and UPR. Visiting professor at the University of Texas at Houston School of Medicine. He has written books spanning a wide range: medicine, neuroscience, mathematics, philosophy, the classics, and literature. His outstanding accomplishment is his groundbreaking work on presocratic philosophers in relation to philosophy of science and his interpretation of Homer's Iliad from an anthropological, psychoanalytic perspective. Awards: Franklin Honor Society, 1973; Top Professor award University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, 1992.
Parents: Johannes Peter Müller (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin) -> Hermann von Helmholtz (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin) -> Wilhelm Max Wundt (Universität Leipzig) -> Edward B. Titchener (Cornell University) -> John Paul Nafe-> Clarence Graham (Columbia University) -> William S. Verplank, Jr. (Indiana University Bloomington)-> George H. Collier (Rutgers University) -> Michael M. Nikoletseas
His research publications have appeared in refereed international journals in psychology, neuroscience, neuroanatomy and neurophysiology. For a list of these publications check the online catalog of Harvard University Libraries.
A list of Michael Nikoletseas' books can be found on the online catalog of the Bodleian Libraries of the University of Oxford.
-  Library of Congress Name Authority File Nikoletseas, Michael M.
- University of Oxford, Bodleian Library.
- VIAF, Virtual International Authority File.
- Katalog der Deutschen Nationalbibliothek.
- ISNI: 0000 0001 0808 3937
- Encyclopedia: "Marquis Who is Who in the World".