- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 21 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Mickey_Gall. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mickey_Gall.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2016)
Gall was born in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Mixed martial arts career
Gall made his amateur MMA debut on February 22, 2014, against Woodmy Jean for the Cage Fury Fighting Championships promotion in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. He won the bout via unanimous decision. Gall's next fight took place over a year later when he faced Marvin Nino for the Dead Serious MMA promotion in Rahway, New Jersey. He won the fight via submission in the third round.
Gall made his professional MMA debut again for the Dead Serious MMA promotion in November 2015. He faced Ron Templeton and won via submission in the first round. His bout was featured on the UFC Fight Pass Lookin' for a Fight reality show, which earned him a shot in the UFC.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Following his first pro bout and subsequent call-out of former professional wrestler CM Punk, Gall faced fellow newcomer Mike Jackson. He won the bout via submission in the first round. With this win, Gall is expected to face Punk later this year.
Mixed martial arts record
Template:MMArecordbox Template:MMA record start |- | Template:Tbd | align=center| TBD | CM Punk | TBD | TBA | TBA | align=center| TBD | align=center| TBD | TBA | |- | Template:Yes2Win | align=center| 2–0 | Mike Jackson | Submission (rear-naked choke) | UFC Fight Night: Hendricks vs. Thompson | Template:Dts | align=center| 1 | align=center| 0:45 | Las Vegas, Nevada, United States | |- | Template:Yes2Win | align=center| 1–0 | Ron Templeton | Submission (rear-naked choke) | Dead Serious MMA - Dead Serious 17 | Template:Dts | align=center| 1 | align=center| 2:53 | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States | Template:End
- Brett Okamoto (2016-02-03). "The CM Punk effect hits UFC with Mickey Gall-Michael Jackson bout". espn.go.com. http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/22893/the-cm-punk-effect-hits-ufc-with-mickey-gall-michael-jackson.
- Damon Martin (2016-02-15). "Mickey Gall: 'I might ruin MMA' for CM Punk". foxsports.com. http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-mickey-gall-cm-punk-i-might-ruin-mma-for-him-021516.