Mumbo Jumbo (YouTuber)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 14 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Mumbo_Jumbo_(YouTuber). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mumbo_Jumbo_(YouTuber), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mumbo_Jumbo_(YouTuber).
As a group channel (2012-2013)
When the Mumbo Jumbo channel was created, it was a group channel between Brotherhood and his friend: Tom. They made some videos together but the channel quickly became an independent channel when Tom left, their most notable series together was known as ServerCraft.
Hermitcraft and Redstone tutorials (2013-2019)
On June 9, 2013, Mumbo Jumbo posted his first episode of Hermitcraft entitled "Welcome Home." announcing that he had joined the Hermitcraft server, a multiplayer Minecraft server where him and other YouTubers play the game like a community, he has since stayed on the Hermitcraft server, participating in every season since his first season, Season 2. In 2013, Mumbo Jumbo also started to grow for his Redstone tutorial, a technical aspect of Minecraft that allows one to create machines and contraptions.
Copystrikes from Warner Chappell and continuing Hermitcraft & Redstone (2019-present)
On May 19, 2019, 1.8K videos on the Mumbo Jumbo YouTube channel was systematically copystriked by the music company Warner Chappell Music for the intro and outro used on the channel, despite having paid license to the song, but samples had not been cleared. Brotherhood had intents to dispute Warner Chappell's claims, but the number of videos copystriked would make this burdensome. Despite this, Brotherhood continued making Hermitcraft and Redstone videos on his channel, but without a music intro and outro, however, he has stated that he enjoys talking at the end of his videos instead of playing music. In 2019 Minecraft started becoming more popular, video game news website Game Freaks 365 credited Brotherhood for being a reason for this.
- Mumbo Jumbo. "About". https://www.youtube.com/user/ThatMumboJumbo/about. Retrieved January 31, 2020.
- Mumbo Jumbo (April 1, 2012). "ServerCraft Survival : Episode 5 : To The Nether!". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHnUyBWLn68. Retrieved January 31, 2020.
- Mumbo Jumbo (June 9, 2013). "HermitCraft: Episode 0 - Welcome Home.". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC4UHnBLp2E. Retrieved January 31, 2020.
- the_pwd_is_murder. "Hermits by Season". https://www.reddit.com/r/HermitCraft/wiki/hermitsbyseason. Retrieved January 31, 2020.
- Matthew, Terry (May 19, 2019). "YouTuber Receives 400 Copyright Claims Before Lunch". https://5mag.net/news/mumbo-jumbo-youtube-copyright-warner-chappell/. Retrieved January 31, 2020.
- Doctorow, Cory. "How Warner Chappell was able to steal revenues from 25% of a popular Minecraft vlogger's channels". https://boingboing.net/2019/05/20/false-claims-with-impunity.html. Retrieved January 31, 2020.
- Mumbo Jumbo (January 26, 2020). "Hermitcraft 6: Episode 148 - SKIN UN-JUMBLER". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoeAOMVDZMM. Retrieved February 2, 2020.
- Kyle (August 7, 2019). "Why is Minecraft popular again?". https://gamefreaks365.com/why-is-minecraft-popular-again/. Retrieved February 1, 2020.