- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 3 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Naeem_Taj. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Naeem_Taj, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Naeem_Taj.
|Alma mater||College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan|
Naeem Taj, (Template:Lang-ur) is a Pakistani laproscopic surgeon who is currently serving Taj Surgery Centre, Capital Hospital, Islamabad as its head surgeon and holds a Guinness World Record certificate for removing world's longest gall bladder from a 70-years-old female patient named Rasheeda Bibi.
Taj graduated from Quaid-e-Azam Medical College Bahawalpur and did his fellowship from College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan. He completed his FRCS degree from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. In 2016, Naeem Taj is serving as the head of Surgery Department at Capital Hospital, Islamabad, and as General Secretary of Society of Surgeons Pakistan.
- In 2010, Taj along with the team of surgeons operated upon an 11-year-old boy acute appendicitis and removed the longest ever (21 centimetres) appendix.
- In 2011, Dr Naeem Taj surgically removed 5,568 stones from the gallbladder of an 85-year-old patient.
- In 2011, Taj registered himself in Guinness World Records by removing a 25.5 cm long gall bladder through a one cm incision. The previous record was of an Indian doctor, who had removed a 24 cm gallbladder through open surgery.
- Dr Naeem Taj was reported by The Express Tribune (newspaper) as saying,"...if given opportunities, resources and encouragement, we can achieve even greater heights."
- "World’s biggest gall bladder: Doctor’s Guinness book entry honoured - The Express Tribune (newspaper)". 10 January 2012. https://tribune.com.pk/story/319049/worlds-biggest-gall-bladder-doctors-guinness-book-entry-honoured/. Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- Pakistani surgeon lands in Guiness Book, The Nation (newspaper), Published 10 January 2012, Retrieved 2 August 2017
- Bariatric surgery unit inaugurated at Capital Hospital, The News International (newspaper), Published 30 July 2016, Retrieved 2 August 2017
- Naeem Taj, head of Surgery Department, Capital Hospital, Islamabad, dnanews.com.pk website, Published 29 April 2016, Retrieved 2 August 2017
- "Pakistani surgeons remove longest ever appendix of a child". Maverick Pakistanis. http://www.maverickpakistanis.com/2010/07/pakistani-surgeons-remove-longest-ever-appendix-of-a-child/. Retrieved 2 August 2017.