- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 19 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Nandini_Sahai. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Nandini_Sahai, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Nandini_Sahai.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
1) Director/Chief Executive, The International Centre Goa (ICG) The International Centre Goa is an ideational place that brings together thinkers, scholars, academicians, social activists, scientists and creative people from Goa, India and around the world to debate and discuss issues concerning the local, national and international community.
2) Founder Director (Hon.), Media Information and Communication Centre of India (MICCI). Media Information and Communication Centre of India is committed to spearhead the development of media and dissemination of information in South Asia within the broad framework of economic, social and cultural milieu. It is mainly devoted to organizing seminars, conferences, workshops, research and publications in the field of media, with a national and international focus.
Duties and responsibilities
1) Both as the Director of The International Centre Goa and as the Director (Hon.) of MICCI, she has been organizing various seminars, workshops and conferences involving the civil society, students, social activists, scientists, government and media on issues like, terrorism, human development, Right to Information, community radio, social media, women in media, role of judiciary in strengthening democracy, in different parts of the country.
2) In addition to these she has also organized various other activities at The International Centre Goa, like film workshops, art camps, crafts exhibition, book reading sessions, debate competitions, talks on yoga, health, waste management and ozone therapy, workshops and demonstrations in painting, pottery and first aid.
Nandini Sahai is a distinguished development journalist with more than 35 years of experience. For her, journalism is not a profession, it’s a passion. She has always used journalism as a powerful tool for social development.
She is one of the leading Right to Information (RTI) advocates. She organized a number of public hearings, seminars and workshops for the RTI movement in India. She was also the member of the select committee representing the media in formulating the RTI Act for the Delhi Government. She has been closely associated with Aruna Roy, a Magsaysay Award winner in creating awareness among people about their rights.
She has also worked with International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT) on issues of Torture and Human Rights. The task included sensitizing the media on torture (war/terrorism issues). She has been committed to strengthening democracy, upliftment of marginalized people, rehabilitation and resettlement of tsunami victims, women empowerment, protection of human rights, liberty and equality by using the power of media.
She founded MICCI with the support of some like-minded academicians, bureaucrats, media and communication experts. She is the guiding spirit of MICCI, which is enthusiastically working on a number of projects like Right to Information, Women in Media, Community Radio, Media and Social Development, Media and Disaster Management, Rural Journalism, Broadcast Bill and Youth and Media. Before forming MICCI, she was the Country Manager of AMIC-India, a subsidiary of AMIC (Asian Media and Information Centre), a Singapore-based International NGO working in media related issues.
1.Media Panel of Lok Sabha TV, DD Bharati and ND TV
2.Associate Editor for 10 years of Vidura (a quarterly Journal of Press Institute of India dealing with Media and Communications issues), and Grassroots (a monthly newspaper of Press Institute of India on Development issues). Work involved writing, editing, identifying themes/issues, commissioning articles from senior journalists/subject specialists, finalizing layout and design of Vidura and Grassroots.
3.Assistant Editor, Swagat and South Asia Travel Review (1981–1982)
4.Assistant Editor, Himachal Times
5.Editorial Assistant, Depth News India, brought out by Press Institute of India covering Development issues.
6.Trainee Journalist, Press Institute of India (1979)
1.Editorial Advisor, Printing Times, a publication of All India Federation of Master Printers
2.Media Advisor, Breastfeeding Promotion Network of India. Helped in sensitizing the media about the importance of breast feeding as compared to commercial baby foods
3.Designed a Course on "Online Journalism" for Open University, Karnataka
5.Visiting Faculty, Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
6.Training of mid-career journalists from Non-Aligned countries
7.Training of Senior Army Officers in communication
1.Media and Law: A Reporter’s Handbook
2.Media and Public Interest in South Asia
3.Media and Law : A Journalists' Handbook'
4.Handbook on Right to Information, Co-Author Vishnu Rajgadia, Published by MICCI, FES-India and UNESCO in 2007
5.Practical Guide to Journalists
6.Handbook on Right to Information (Hindi version), Co-Author Vishnu Rajgadia, Published by MICCI, FES-India and UNESCO in 2008
Awarded the prestigious ‘Woman of Substance Award 2005' by Ryan Foundation for outstanding contribution towards women’s development and bringing awareness in the society about their strength and power.