- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 7 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Navin_Mittal. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Navin_Mittal, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Navin_Mittal.
|Born||Template:Birth year and age|
|Occupation||Indian Administrative Service|
He belongs to the 1996 batch of the Indian Administrative Service and allotted to the Telangana cadre. He is a B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. He stood All India 3rd in Civil Services Examinations in 1995.
As a Commissioner for Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation, his works in the area of E-governance and Sanitation won the CRISIL awards 2003 & 2005 for the Corporation & as Project Director of ITDA, his works were recognised by World Bank.
As Collector and District Magistrate of Krishna District, he restored Kolleru lake from the hands of land mafia. He has been instrumental in successfully completing the Kolleru Operation in 2006, which involved clearing more than 15000 acre of encroachment in Krishna District in the Kolleru Lake, one of the largest fresh water lakes in India. Among his other notable works in Krishna District are the successfully spearheading an agitation against the unscrupulous activities of Microfinance institutions(MFIs) in Andhra Pradesh and also leading the rescue, relief and rehabilitation efforts against the large scale flooding of Krishna District due to Ogni Cyclone in October / November 2006. Mr Mittal has taken initiative called "Palle Nidra", an innovative program of making night halt at Villages along with officials and public representatives to analyse the issues and address them immediately.
As Collector & District Magistrate of Hyderabad District, Navin Mittal actively worked on up-gradation of Government schools, rescue and rehabilitation of child labour and destitute children and bringing in regulation for school fees. The Rotary Club of Hyderabad East honoured Mr. Navin Mittal, Collector, Hyderabad District with Vocational Excellence Awards 2009.
As Special Commissioner of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation since 2010, he has been instrumental in tripling the revenue of the corporation in last 5 years. This has won the appreciation of the Prime Minister of India. He has driven the e-governance initiatives in GHMC which help win many awards, the notable among them being the e-Governance award given by Union Minister for Urban Development to the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation for standing first in the online grievance redressal, issue of birth and death certificates online, online payments, trade licenses, providing information to the citizens and for 1.5 lakh people accessing the site from all over the world.
In October 2015, he took over as the Commissioner and Secretary of Information and Public Relations Department in Government of Telangana and holding the assignment in addition to being the Finance Secretary of the State.
- "Navin Mittal transferred to Finance, continue to hold additional charge". http://www.maahyderabad.in/navin-mittal-transferred-to-finance-continue-to-hold-additional-charge/.
- "Centre allot IAS & IPS officers Telangana & AP" (in en-US). 2014-12-27. https://www.telanganastateinfo.com/centre-clears-ias-ips-officers-telangana-ap/.
- "Rotary Club Of Hyderabad East honours Mr. Navin Mittal". Rotary. http://www.agapeintl.org/pdfs/Rotary_Club.pdf.
- Words of advice from some toppers of IAS – IAS – Indian administrative Services – IAS – Indian administrative Services – IAS – Indian administrative Services. Forum.onestopias.com. Retrieved on 18 October 2011.
- "AP bags the honours for best run cities in India". http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2003-09-19/news/27554329_1_local-bodies-cities-winners.
- ": CRISIL Policy Advisory - Awards - Excellence in Municipal Awards :". 2007-09-13. Archived from the original on 13 September 2007. https://web.archive.org/web/20070913033939/http://www.crisil.com:80/policy-advisory/infrastructure-advisory-crisil-awards-municipal-excellence-2003.htm.
- Bureau, Our Regional. "Thane civic body gets Crisil award for excellence". http://www.business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/thane-civic-body-gets-crisil-award-for-excellence-105102501057_1.html.
- Template:Dead link
- "STRENGTHENING URBAN MANAGEMENT: INDIA". http://info.worldbank.org/etools/docs/library/110770/hyderabad/paperhyderabad.htm.
- "Operation Kolleru resumes today" (in en-IN). The Hindu. 2006-04-20. ISSN 0971-751X. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/article3150150.ece.
- "'Operation Kolleru' begins". 2006-04-20. http://www.oneindia.com/2006/04/20/operation-kolleru-begins-1145513265.html.
- "SCEC orders demolition of fish tanks". 2006-03-21. http://www.oneindia.com/2006/03/21/scec-orders-demolition-of-fish-tanks-1142933915.html.
- "Businessworld - Blood Money". 2007-06-11. Archived from the original on 11 June 2007. https://web.archive.org/web/20070611111210/http://www.businessworld.in/content/view/1497/1556/.
- "MFI loans: Government moves to solve issue" (in en-IN). The Hindu. 2006-09-15. ISSN 0971-751X. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/article3075639.ece.
- "Andhra experience to have its mark on bill". http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2007-02-26/news/28482049_1_mfis-interest-rates-andhra.
- "Officials begin assessment of extent of damage" (in en-IN). The Hindu. 2006-11-08. ISSN 0971-751X. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/article3045072.ece.
- "Cyclone Ogni drowns Andhra’s Kharif crop". archive.indianexpress.com. 2006-11-03. http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/cyclone-ogni-drowns-andhras-kharif-crop/15887/.
- "`Palle Nidra' revives hopes of villagers" (in en-IN). The Hindu. 2006-09-20. ISSN 0971-751X. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/article3078233.ece.
- "Homes for destitute children in Hyderabad". http://www.merinews.com/article/homes-for-destitute-children-in-hyderabad/15786673.shtml.
- "State fails to control private school fees | Deccan Chronicle | 2010-05-16". 2010-06-02. Archived from the original on 2 June 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20100602070648/http://www.deccanchronicle.com/hyderabad/state-fails-control-private-school-fees-080.
- "Navin Mittal Warns Against Auctioning Of Sarpanch Posts - Hyderabad News on fullhyd.com". http://news.fullhyderabad.com/hyderabad-news/navin-mittal-warns-against-auctioning-of-sarpanch-posts-9562.html.
- "Rs 12.5 crore seized ahead of Andhra Pradesh panchayat polls". http://www.ndtv.com/south/rs-12-5-crore-seized-ahead-of-andhra-pradesh-panchayat-polls-528993.
- "Second phase of Andhra Pradesh panchayat elections in progress - NewsReporter.in". https://www.newsreporter.in/second-phase-of-andhra-panchayat-polls-in-progress-439146.
- "Thirty-seven IAS officers reshuffled" (in en-IN). The Hindu. 2010-04-03. ISSN 0971-751X. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/article743571.ece.
- "GHMC property tax revenues take a big leap" (in en-IN). The Hindu. 2015-06-26. ISSN 0971-751X. http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/ghmc-property-tax-revenues-take-a-big-leap/article7356362.ece.
- "PM’s remarks at the launch of AMRUT, Smart Cities Mission and Housing for All (Urban)". http://www.pmindia.gov.in/en/news_updates/pms-remarks-at-the-launch-of-amrut-smart-cities-mission-and-housing-for-all-urban/.
- PM praises GHMC for its better performance Siasat 25 June 2015
- elets. "Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation Wins e-Governance Award | eGov Magazine". http://egov.eletsonline.com/2012/11/greater-hyderabad-municipal-corporation-wins-e-governance-award/.
- "Naveen Mittal takes charge as I&PR Commissioner - The Siasat Daily" (in en-US). 2015-10-31. http://www.siasat.com/news/naveen-mittal-takes-charge-ipr-commissioner-861364/.
- Information and Public Relations Department, Government of Telangana
- Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation
- Hyderabad District
- Krishna District
- Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal corporation (GVMC)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- WWF-Kolleru Lake
- State Election Commission of Andhra Pradesh
- 'Operation Kolleru' begins Thursday, 20 April 2006 11:25(IST) RSS ... Krishna District Collector Navin Mittal said there was no need to deploy additional ...
- The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Vijayawada News : Operation Kolleru resumes today During the earlier phases of `Operation Kolleru,' the district ... do it by using earthmovers," said Krishna district Collector Navin Mittal on Wednesday. ...
- SCEC orders demolition of fish tanks ... Collector Navin Mittal said today. The situation would be revicwed at Kolleru before ensuring dismantling of tanks, he added while talking to UNI here. ..
- Bank tightens screws -Hyderabad-Cities-The Times of India Under this, the ICICI Bank will open a MFI desk at Vijayawada and 10 grameen ... said Krishna collector Navin Mittal and ICICI bank manager Venkatram Reddy. ...
- Businessworld – Blood Money The collector of Krishna district, Navin Mittal, raided the offices of four ... Further, it is also possible for an MFI to become extremely profitable (see ...
- The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Vijayawada News : MFI loans ... MFI loans: Government moves to solve issue. Staff Reporter. VIJAYAWADA: District Collector Navin Mittal on Thursday said that following reports of the Micro ...
- Andhra experience to have its mark on bill -Finance-Finance ... This was followed by closure of a few MFI branches resulting in intervention ... or cheques has stopped,” says the Krishna district collector Navin Mittal. ...
- The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh / Vijayawada News : Officials begin ... District Collector Navin Mittal said that the administration would take care of ... `Ogni' crop damage runs up to 1600 cr; Reaping the rewards of a healthy ...
- IndianExpress.com :: Cyclone Ogni drowns Andhra’s Kharif crop Cyclone Ogni drowns Andhra’s Kharif crop. ... over the district and people are being given food and shelter there,” District Collector Navin Mittal said. ...
- The Hindu : Andhra Pradesh News : `Palle Nidra' revives hopes of ... 20 Sep 2006 ... It all happened, thanks to district Collector Navin Mittal's `Palle Nidra' (an overnight stay in a village) visit, which prompted ...
- Rs. 12.5 crore seized ahead of Andhra Pradesh panchayat polls Police and election authorities in Andhra Pradesh have seized unaccounted cash of Rs. 12.56 crore ahead of the first phase of gram panchayat polls,
- SEC Warns Against "Auctioning" Of Posts State Election Commission Secretary Naveen Mittal, on Thursday, issued strict instructions to Collectors and District Election Authorities in AP, over the alleged auctioning of posts of certain sarpanchas and ward members.
- GHMC property tax revenues take a big leap The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) has increased its property tax revenues from Rs.376.40 crore to Rs.1,115 crore in the last five years
- PM’s remarks at the launch of AMRUT, Smart Cities Mission and Housing for All (Urban) In particular, the Prime Minister mentioned Hyderabad’s tax collection system...
- PM praises GHMC for its better performance Prime Minister said that the methodology adopted by the GHMC for collection of Property Tax was highly appreciable.
- Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation Wins e-Governance Award The municipal corporation stood first in the online grievance redressal, issue of birth and death certificates online, online payments, trade licenses, providing information to the citizens and for 1.5 lakh people accessing the site from all over the world.