Near Dark (unfinished film)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 9 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Near_Dark_(unfinished_film). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Near_Dark_(unfinished_film), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Near_Dark_(unfinished_film).
Near Dark is an unfinished American vampire horror film, directed by Ryan Zeller and written by Matt Craven and Kathryn Bigelow. It is a remake of the 1987 cult vampire-Western horror film directed by Kathryn Bigelow. It has not been completed, nor has it been released to the public in any form.
Very little was released publicly regarding the plot of the remake and the extent to which it would be faithful to the original. It was expectedTemplate:By whom? that the central focus would be on three teenagers in a family of vampires traveling Route 66 in the late 1980s.[no citations needed here]
|Sophia Bush||Cordelia Blue|
|Milo Ventimiglia||Court Blue|
The film was to have been directed by Sam Bayer, written variously by Matt Venne and Christopher B. Landon and produced by Brad Fuller, David Bixler and Amy Kaufman. Studios involved were reportedly Platinum Dunes and Rogue Pictures.
Filming took place in the summer of 2007, but was halted after several weeks by the studio's disapproval of the dailies. A new script was later received, a new director hired, and the majority of the film re-cast.
Although much of the film was shot, the entire third act, as well as the resolution of the film, were never completed.
As of November 2011, a production was in development for a 2012 remake.
- Near Dark, the original 1987 film
- Sam Bayer to Direct 'Near Dark' Remake on www.cinematical.com
- Cast Breakdown For 'Near Dark' Talks Caleb
- Near Dark Remake ... Nears on www.cinematical.com
- Henriksen Wants In On Near Dark Remake on www.cinematical.com
- The Internet Movie Database entry for Near Dark (2012)