New Crop Capital
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 22 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:New_Crop_Capital. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/New_Crop_Capital.
New Crop Capital (NCC) is a private venture capital fund investing in plant-based and cultured meat, dairy, and egg companies. It is known for seeking to disrupt the conventional animal agriculture industry, which it views as environmentally harmful, inefficient, and deleterious to public health and animal welfare.
NCC provides early-stage investments––primarily Angel, Seed, and Series A funding––as well as consulting services to companies that facilitate the promotion and sale of plant-based and cultured animal product alternatives. Its investments range from $50,000 to $1,000,000.
NCC was formed in January 2016 with three staff members: Investment Manager Chris Kerr and Managing Trustees Bruce Friedrich and Nick Cooney.
On January 31, 2016, the Wall Street Journal reported that NCC is a primary investor to Memphis Meats Inc., a San Francisco-based startup growing meat outside a live animal.
- "Food's future: New VC firm and nonprofit among investors in natural, organic startups". http://www.fooddive.com/news/foods-future-new-vc-firm-and-nonprofit-among-investors-in-natural-organi/415797/.
- Phillips, Bianca. "Meet the New Meat". http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/meet-the-new-meat/Content?oid=4494531.
- "New Crop Capital Closes $25m Fund, Invests in Beyond Meat - AgFunderNews" (in en-US). https://agfundernews.com/new-crop-capital-closes-25m-fund-invests-in-beyond-meat5547.html.
- "Futuristic food made in labs named Memphis Meats". http://www.commercialappeal.com/business/entrepreneurs/futuristic-cultured-meat-takes-on-the-memphis-brand-2be5b44c-94c7-6d89-e053-0100007f2094-369345301.html.
- FoodNavigator-USA.com. "More plant-based products are needed to fuel a "market-revolution" away from animals, expert says". http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Suppliers2/More-plant-based-products-are-needed-to-fuel-a-market-revolution.
- Bunge, Jacob. "Sizzling Steaks May Soon Be Lab-Grown". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. https://www.wsj.com/articles/sizzling-steaks-may-soon-be-lab-grown-1454302862?mg=id-wsj.