- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 4 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Ninety_Seconds. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ninety_Seconds, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ninety_Seconds.
Ninety Seconds is an Irish science fiction neo-noir short film directed by Gerard Lough and starring Andrew Norry, Michael Parle, Claire Blennerhassett and Emma Eliza Regan. It premiered at the Underground Cinema Film Festival in Dublin on 9 August 2012.
The film is set in the near future where surveillance experts known as "Techs" take on morally dubious assignments for wealthy clients. Mark and his new assistant Ralfi are the best in their field. They quickly sense something is out of place when they are hired by shifty businessman Philips for an unusual assignment that will lead them into a world of paranoia, intrigue and revenge.
Critical reception and release
Geeks of Doom reviewed the film, stating that they were "instantly intrigued by its darkness shot through with cool music, nifty graphics, and well-placed blindingly bright lights." The Irish Examiner also reviewed the short, citing its "superb soundtrack" as a highlight.
After screenings at several film festivals, the film was released online on 11 February 2013.
- "New film in the frame for Gerard Lough". Donegal Democrat. https://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/news/your-community/39718/New-film-in-the-frame-for.html.
- "FILMING UNDER WAY IN DONEGAL FOR NEW GERARD LOUGH MOVIE" (in en-US). http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/04/02/filming-under-way-in-donegal-for-new-gerard-lough-movie/.
- "Cyberpunk Short Film Review: 'Ninety Seconds'" (in en-US). Geeks of Doom. 2012-08-26. https://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/08/26/short-cyberpunk-film-review-ninety-seconds.
- "Intriguing new Irish short released online". The Irish Examiner. 2013-02-15. https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/discover/intriguing-new-irish-short-released-online-584880.html?utm_source=link&utm_medium=click&utm_campaign=nextandprev.
- "Gerard Lough’s ‘Ninety Seconds’ Online". http://filmireland.net/2013/02/22/gerard-loughs-ninety-seconds-online/.